• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small device to run QDSLRDashboard on

#1 DANIEL_ASPLUND
Hey everyone. First of all I must say that such a nice tool QDSRLDashboard and the LRTimelapse part of it is! I've been running it for around 6 month and had some really great results. I run it with a Syrp Genie II pan/tilt/linear and a Nikon Z7. I normally connect via Wifi direct and its really a great and stable function. My only consern right now is that since I run QDLSRDashboard on my Ipad Air 2 it must stay on the whole time and that is a bit so so.... The size of the ipad togheather with the power consumption is a bit unnecessary so I'm thinking of replacing that solution with my old Samsung S7. That connected with a power cable should really be a nice and portable solution. Now to my question, as far as I understand the screen needs to be on the whole time for QDSRLDashboard to be able to ramp etc.
Is there any work around to this? Or is there any function to look the screen of the ipad/samsung s7 to make sure no buttons are pressed accidentally? I normally make quite long timelapses and in cold temperatures so I normally place large powerbank in some small bag/case with the Ipad to run.
#2 Gunther
The only reason to have the screen on all the time is to prevent the device to stop the app. Most mobile OS do this to prevent battery drain. If you can configure your device not to do it, you should be fine. But for me, I just turn down the luminance of the screen, put the phone or tab in my photo bag and leave it on. Normally the battery lasts for many hours like this. After the transition you can turn it off, so that's not a big deal. And also you can connect a powerbank, if necessary.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DANIEL_ASPLUND
Hi again, that's what I thought, well not much to do about it then!
Any good advice how to keep the Nikon Z's Wifi on for a longer time? For now as far as I've come across is that as soon as the device disconnects the wifi on the Z's will disconnect. (I guess a smart thing for saving energy but not ideal in this case).
#4 Gunther
I guess no way around that. I always keep my device close to the camera, then it doesn't disconnect.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: