• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sony A7RII and dslrDashboard, no raw files?

#1 davidlmorel
For some reason I can't get my camera to shoot raw files when using dslrdashboard.  Anyone have any ideas I might be doing wrong?
David Morel
Blog: davidmorelphoto.wordpress.com
#2 Gunther
I'm not a sony user, but you have to install the latest WiFi app (from the Sony store) to the camera in order to get it properly going. Maybe that helps. When shooting time lapses with qDslrDashboard you have to set the camera to RAW+JPG with the smallest JPGs possible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 davidlmorel
i was able to figure it out. For some reason Sony requires you to set those settings in their Smart Remote application.  So, after running the smart remote app, after connecting to dslrDashboard, hit menu on the camera and you get 5 pages of menu settings, one allows you to set what format for the image file.
David Morel
#4 Gunther
(2016-07-16, 02:00)davidlmorel Wrote: For some reason I can't get my camera to shoot raw files when using dslrdashboard.  Anyone have any ideas I might be doing wrong?
Are your connected via WiFi? Make sure to install the latest WiFi app to the camera from the Sony app store. Update Three Camera Firmware to, if necessary. With the version that is build in, you'll get into trouble. Then make sure to set the camera to raw+ jpg if you want to shoot time-lapse with qDslrDashboard.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 davidlmorel
Thanks, was able to solve this issue. You have to set everything in the SmartREmote app, not in the normal camera settings.
David Morel

...also check out: