• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sort order of source images in windows folder

#1 67Jaguar
Does LRTimelapse automatically put images in the correct order? If so is it done by file name or capture time or what? For example, in a windows folder the images may be sorted by file name, date, etc. (ascending or descending), does this make a difference if the order is changed?

I am using a Nikon D5100 and a remote timer / shutter release. Manual mode RAW only (no jpeg) and changing the ISO.

While doing a sunset, the D5100 file name reached 1000 it started over at 0001 so my darkest images are lower numbers. If sorted by file name the darkest come first.

Also 6 images somehow got a date and time changed. e.g. shoot was on 9/10 these 6 images have a date of 9/13 !? so if sorted by date they are at the end of the list hence out of order. If sorted by file name will the date make a difference? BTW these images appear to be in sequence.

Is there a problem here?

Also if I want to do a sequence over what do I need to do e.g. start over?

Thanks for any help.
Dave
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse will sort by exif-date time, regardless from the filename. You can however switch to filename sort with the checkbox above the table (not recommended in your case).
You can always start over by initializing a sequence.
Please make sure to watch my tutorials: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 67Jaguar
Gunther,
Thanks for your quick response. This forum is most helpful and I really appreciate the design and ease of use of your program. Since I posted this question I have learned much about both my camera and windows. I found the Nikon menu item to extend my range to 9999 and loaded a microsoft codec pack 6.3.9721.0 which seemed to "sort" out the date anomaly.

I have been trying to do time lapse since I first saw it on Walt Disney's TV show in the 50's. Began trying with a super 8 camera and a cable release. Built several timers and release mechanisms with limited success. Digital Cameras, modern timers and your program has made all the difference. I can now realize my dream. THANKS!

One final question. When I followed your HG work flow tutorial and got to the special transition button the green squares appeared on the blue curve not on the yellow curve as it did in the tutorial. It seemed to work OK but just wondering if I missed something? some of the buttons like color (****) became All but HG (****) but I assume this is just the 3.4 ver. Much clearer than color BTW.

I have since learned mucht from this great forum. I have so much more to learn.

Thanks, Dave (67Jaguar)
#4 67Jaguar
Gunther,
I tried to attach a video of the 1st sunset but size matters! I'll try it this way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...6S-zP9JHFU

I found out about direct sun problem from forum so this was made prior to learning about that.
Thanks!
Dave
#5 Gunther
Dave those changes you mention I just did in the newer version, everything is normal! :-)

Keep trying, the end of your sequence already looks good!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: