• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stars flickering through fog and clouds

#1 EttiLapse
The composition is of a night sky with very light low clouds or fog. Most of the sky is totally visible in any frame, but there is a constant fog that runs through the frame.

After importing my sequence into After Effects I'm noticing a ton of flickering (or "twinkling") of the stars when the light clouds pass over. It's extremely noticeable, but I'm not sure if this is actually an issue of processing or if it's a totally natural thing. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

The twinkling of the stars is actually kind of nice, but there's the part of me that knows there might be something wrong with my sequence and I'm not willing to post something that showcases a mistake I made. If this is natural, that would be amazing. If it's not natural, what can I do to fix the problem? Here is a reference gif of what I'm experiencing:

https://i.imgur.com/REnd2n6.gif
#2 Gunther
Please upload the video on a video platform. The gif you provided is of such a bad quality that it's impossible to say anything.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 EttiLapse
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I have fixed the issue. I turned down the highlights and lights in tone curve, removed deflickering in LRTimelapse and it looks much more natural now. I'm currently exporting a tiff sequence, I'll post back with an updated visual after rendering. Thanks!

...also check out: