• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strange flickering during time lapse

Video
#1 Simon Plat
Hi, 

I'm new to this forum and to time lapse in general. I would love to hear your ideas about the following.

During my most recent time lapse I find a type of flickering that is quite typical. I would expect pinnacles every ones in a while. In stead this flickering is rather consistent between two 'levels'. 

I added a screenshot from LRTimelapse to show the situation. The scene of the sequence was very constant with not any large differences in light or color. 

Could this be a malfunction of my camera?

Btw LRTimelapse removed this flickering perfectly (so, Gunter, if you need a reference clip for the deflickering mode you can have it).

thanks 

Simon Plat
The Netherlands
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
This looks like a rather bad aperture flickering - did you stop down the lens? Means: which aperture did you use? Can you try shooting wide open (Aperture fully open, smallest value) and check if this still happens?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Simon Plat
Hi Gunther, thanks for your time! This whole sequence is shot with f/10, a rather more open aperture than I normally use. I have sequences with f/16 and f/22 that did not show this strange behaviour.
I'll try fully open and see what happens.

regards

Simon

...also check out: