• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunset over San Francisco

#1 soulish
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I've been making timelapses for about a year now and wanted to start to show some off. So here is my first video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UlCrEKYvU

I haven't done any production around it, I haven't messed around with After Effects or Premiere Pro yet, so it's a simple scene of just a sunet. My gear is below. You can see the sun change size a couple of times, this appears to have been because of changing settings while the sun was blowing out part of the sensor; lesson learned: don't change settings while the sun is fully in frame. Hope you all enjoy it.

Camera: Sony a7III
Lens: Sony 28mm f/2
Motion Control: Genie mini II
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Interval: 6 s
LRTimelapse to edit
#2 Dale Davis
It's a very nice clip! Well done. Now add some music!
#3 soulish
Thanks Dale!

How would you suggest I add music? After Effects? Premiere Pro? Anything other than those? I'm not much of a video editor (at least not yet), but I have nice inspiration from all of the other great videos posted on here, so any help on the best tool to use for editing would be welcome!

Brian
#4 rodrigo
Nice timelapse, any video editor has the capability to add sound to a video, I use Video Studio from Corel, it includes sound tracks within the programme.
#5 soulish
Thanks Rodrigo, I'll look into that one.
#6 hugebob
You can add audio in Photoshop! Here's where I learned how. There's more in the series too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcSB7XTC...dex=2&t=0s
#7 soulish
Thanks hugebob, checking it out now.
#8 daveyjoneslocker
Nice work! I checked out your other timelapses as well. I've been wanting to do some timelapses in the city and figure the best vantage is from above, but don't know of any good, publicly accessible spots. It's probably safer as well compared to ground level. I mostly shoot sunrise so I have been contemplating something near the embarcadero from street level.
#9 soulish
Thanks daveyjoneslocker, yeah, I'm lucky to have access to a rooftop on top of a hill, so I've got a nice, high-up view. I haven't found any great places for sunrise shots yet, though I've considered Twin Peaks, as that's public area that should afford a good view of the East for sunrise. The Embarcadero would be good, using the Bay as your foreground. In the end though, I'm more of a sunset shooter because I don't like to get up early enough for the sunrise ones!
#10 daveyjoneslocker
Thanks for the feedback. It's very nice I'm sure to have a spot up high like that. Maybe with the right conditions and safety, you could capture some lightening strikes one day? I remember last year people got some great shots near the bridge. I wish I knew the headlands area better too as there is a timelapse I would like to do from there but I need a lot more experience. I should at least scout for photography purposes. Yes, us sunrise shooters are crazy to get up so early but in the bay area, any peace and quiet you can get these days is good Smile I don't see well at night also haha.

...also check out: