• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Time-lapse adjustments not how I need it

#1 NCHANT
Hey,

I am editing a cityscape time-lapse from tonight, here's how I have done it so far:

Canon 6D + Magic lantern running AETTR and bulb ramping.

Loaded the files into Lightroom and LRTimelapse

Using the Holy Grail functions, exposure adjustments seem to be seemless (awesome!) however, all my other adjustments are having problems (see screenshot attached). They are slowly adjusting as they should, but then quickly jumping back to the original setting – all the settings should be the same with no adjusting! That's for the noise reduction, vibrance, saturation etc, simple settings I want with ALL the shots to be identical.

Then there's White Balance, how can I edit it so I can JUST change the white balance now? Exposure settings are bang on, but the white balance is all over the show now. I have tried adding keyframes in, saving, then reloading in Lightroom, but the keyframes I saved do not show?

A little confused as to how to smooth the white balance out, from 5500 to 5850 to 4500 then to 4000.

Any tips welcome Smile
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
If you use the Holy Grail Wizard you'll have to work with two layers of keyframes. The 2*/3* ones for the Exposure leveling, and the 4* for the other adjustments.
That way you can have only 2 Keyframes for the whole color editing and a lot more for the Exposure adjustments.
That's how the "Holy Grail" Workflow works. Check it out in my Holy Grail video tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 NCHANT
(2013-12-12, 14:03)gwegner Wrote: If you use the Holy Grail Wizard you'll have to work with two layers of keyframes. The 2*/3* ones for the Exposure leveling, and the 4* for the other adjustments.
That way you can have only 2 Keyframes for the whole color editing and a lot more for the Exposure adjustments.
That's how the "Holy Grail" Workflow works. Check it out in my Holy Grail video tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial

Thanks Smile here's the work in progress time-lapse, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeymack/1...likes_hd=1

I'll have another crack at it tonight after watching your tutorial video, quite a different (new) workflow to what I am use to Smile
#4 NCHANT
I have had another try at this and followed your tutorial, adjusting the Holy Grail exposures first, and then adjusting the rest on the 4* keyframes, however it still only made 4 keyframes (1*, 3*, 2* & 1*). Even when I add multiple keyframes in LRTimelapse, save, reload in LR5, the amount of keyframes doesn't change? What am I missing here?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
You have to take care to use the right filters. In the filter panel there are predefined filters that beginn with "LRT" for the different scenarios - please check them out!

When loading the metadata into Lightroom make sure to clear all filters first (or use the predefined "Whole Sequence" filter).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 NCHANT
Yup I followed those, tried all the filters and that;s all there was. Will start from scratch again, getting a little frustrating.

...also check out: