• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Timelapse in sRGB

#1 Bionik1
Hi all,

normally I am shooting my pics in the RAW Format with AdobeRGB colour space (and yes, I have a capable monitor for this). However, I was wondering if it makes any sence to shoot timelpase pictures in AdobeRGB as it will anyway been displayed on monitors which (mostly) only cover the sRGB colour space.

So how are you handling this? Do you right away set the camera to sRGB or do you manually change colours space for every picture afterwards or is there an automatic conversion from AdobeRGB to sRGB integrated in LRTimelapse?

Looking forward to your replies!

Kind regards
Martin
#2 Gunther
That AdobeRGB/sRGB setting in Camera does only affect JPG (and you camera preview). If you shoot RAW it does not make any difference. That's why I always leave my cameras on sRGB.

The color space will be assigned to the JPGs when exporting (after editing) in Lightroom and will be sRGB before it will be converted into the video color space.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Bionik1
Thanks for the quick reply!

So that means that when exporting out of lightroom to LRTimelapse it converts the pictures from RAW to JPG and uses sRGB as colour space, right?

...and the when rendering it is again converted to the video colour space.

That means whenever I uses the JPG format to take pictures for Timelapse it is better to do this in sRGB right away.

...also check out: