• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to export more than one file from Lightroom

#1 DaveHi50
I hope someone can help me with this issue-its driving me crazy…. I have been struggling for hours with this,,,,,
I have save my data in lightroom and select all files( roughly 850 raw files) I select export files and only one file will export.
?????
#2 Gunther
Hi Dave, first thing to check on any issues is the faq and the forum search:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-export-not-working
Mostly it's a virtual copy in your sequence...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DaveHi50
(2013-11-04, 10:17)gwegner Wrote: Hi Dave, first thing to check on any issues is the faq and the forum search:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-export-not-working
Mostly it's a virtual copy in your sequence...

Thanks for your prompt response.
I was finally able to export the files from Lightroom. I had a duplicate file with the same numbers. I'm guessing the duplicate was somehow blocking the export of new files….
Now Im unable to render the video. I point to the LRT_ folder and LRT doesn't recognize it.
I have just tried installing 3.2 and that didn't help.
#4 Gunther
Something seems to be wrong with that sequence. After exporting the intermediate sequence from Lightroom you should have that processed JPGs in the LRT_* folder. Inside that folder you need to have files named: LRT_00001.jpg etc...
If for what reason ever the LRT00001.jpg is missing, the encoder will not recognize the sequence.
#5 DaveHi50
(2013-11-04, 13:29)gwegner Wrote: Something seems to be wrong with that sequence. After exporting the intermediate sequence from Lightroom you should have that processed JPGs in the LRT_* folder. Inside that folder you need to have files named: LRT_00001.jpg etc...
If for what reason ever the LRT00001.jpg is missing, the encoder will not recognize the sequence.

OK- I went to the file and indeed 00001 was missing. I duplicated the first file and renamed it LRT00001 and the video rendered. Now there seems t o be another problem. When I look at the rendered video it is of the unaltered raw files ( before editing in lightroom) In other words it seems as if the metadata was not read. I checked lightroom again and had it 'read metadata'. All the files appear correct in the grid view but on export the are the files without the metadata applied.
#6 Gunther
If lightroom shows the files with the editing applied, than I cannot imagine that the exported JPGs should not show them? Sounds impossible to me, never heard of that...
Export the first 2 images with a normal "Harddrive" export template just as images.
Then export the same 2 images with the LRTExporter.
Do you see a difference? Just check the images in the LRT_ folder.
#7 DaveHi50
(2013-11-04, 19:11)gwegner Wrote: If lightroom shows the files with the editing applied, than I cannot imagine that the exported JPGs should not show them? Sounds impossible to me, never heard of that...
Export the first 2 images with a normal "Harddrive" export template just as images.
Then export the same 2 images with the LRTExporter.
Do you see a difference? Just check the images in the LRT_ folder.

Mr. Wegner, first of all I want to thank you for your prompt and professional response. I imagine it must be extremely frustrating for you dealing with these bug reports.
This is one of the craziest things I have ever experienced on a computer. I had the situation where only one file was being exported. I went to LRT and saved XMP files again the to Light room and read meta data--- still only one file. I restarted my computer and tried again. This time exported from Lightroom and saw the files being written in a folder but when I looked in the folder there was nothing there. I deleted that folder and tried again after restarting and opening Lightroom again. I reloaded all the meta data ( read meta data) now is exporting properly. Finally after 1 1/2 days I have a rendered video. I wish I knew what I did to solve this issue- but I don't. One good thing about this- I REALLY got a chance to learn all about the LRT basic work flow... my next challenge will be de-flickering, I'm almost afraid to try it now.
#8 DaveHi50
here's a link to the time-lapse clip… https://www.facebook.com/DaveHi50
Pali looking North
I didn't de-flicker, before I do a final edit I probably will.

Thanks Gunther!
#9 Gunther
Hi Dave,
this is really weird... Unfortunately I have no explanation either...
I can't see the clip, only a link to your fb-page.
Don't worry about deflicker, that's easy. Check out my new deflicker tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/deflicker
But please only use deflicker, if you really have flicker. It's always best to take care of flicker when shooting.

Best
Gunther
#10 mdillon
Hello all. Sorry to pull up an old thread but while searching for a solution to an issue I have had with EVERY version of LRTimelapse and Lightroom I have used I found this page. Not quite the same issue but what is happening to me is if I start an export from Lightroom using the LRTimelapse preset and need to stop it for any reason, I run into an issue if I try to export again: it will only export 1 photo. I actually have to close Lightroom (not LRTimelapse) and reopen then I can export normally. If I let the full sequence export then following exports work fine but if I stop it I run into this issue. I am exporting from a folder with only the sequence files in it and have all selected when I click export. I still have more searching to do but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

It has been many, MANY years since I have posted anything to a forum page so if I should have started a new thread I am sorry.

Thanks for your help and AWESOME software!
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: