• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

User select XMP saving?

#1 woutervdhoogen
Hi Gunther,

Just recently started working with LR6 (together with LRTimelapse) specifically for using the healing brush tool. I have noticed after spending quite some time getting rid of many aircrafts using the healing brush that none of these 'survive' the XMP save command from LRTimelapse. In effect I got all the aircrafts I worked hard on to get rid of back when reading the metadata in LR (not so happy...). Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but otherwise is there a way to 'uncheck' certain parameters to be excluded?

I did check the forum for similar problems and found some similar ones yet not much of a solution.

Regards,
Wouter
#2 Gunther
If you want to apply the healing tool to single images, you should do it at the end of the process, right before exporting for rendering.
If you do it before, LRTimelapse will populate the brush from the first image to all others, this is helpful, if you want to stamp out sensor dust for example, where you need the stamping on all images to be the same.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 woutervdhoogen
Hi Gunther,

I did read your book and the added details about brushes and healing etc, I was only hoping that the behaviour could be 'user switched off'. I agree it is great automation if you want to get rid of sensor dust. The problem is that, as with all automation, sometimes it works against us, hence the idea of letting the user decide whether they do or do not want this behaviour. 

For the case I described this means that when I in some time do wish to tweak the TL again I will have to apply the healing brushes all over again. And yes I do go back to previous series every now and again as I learn new techniques of better adjustment with LR and LRTimelapse (for which your book is very helpfull :-) or simply decide in video editing that I dislike something. I rather adjust my source than tweak the TL in video processing.

Perhaps it is a possibility for future releases?

Wouter

btw LR 4 is sooo much better and faster than 3 (just upgraded and very happy).
#4 woutervdhoogen
Hi Gunther,

Just reworked part of the TL series and have 'found' something. After doing all the edits in LRTimelapse I imported the metadata into lightroom, then applied the spot healing actions (from a previous history state of each file, taking care to only copy the spot healing tool), then saving the metadata to the files. I found that in LRTimelapse the spot healing brush is now not changed anymore, at least during deflickering and the dng previews indeed do not show the aircraft trails anymore.

Can you confirm that this is normal behaviour so that I can use this as a 'alternative' workflow when needing to spot heal many images? It has the benefit of still being able to tweak the deflickering, and hopefully more.

Regards,
Wouter

...also check out: