• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using the DNG workflow day to night

#1 tomic
I am using after effects CC and the latest version of LRT. I go through the day to night sequence in lrt and then export DNG from lightroom. I then bring it into after effects, this is where my problem is.

After effects pops up the camera raw workflow when i bring the first frame in, it shows the changes i made in lightroom but when i press ok it applies those settings to all the frames in the sequence. Instead of all the transitions i made.

I hope this was clear enough to understand. Is there anyway to have all frames stay as they are when i bring them into AE?

thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
I fear, you can't. You will have to export a JPG or TIFF sequence in order to be able to use After Effects.
But in my opinion you are making things way too complicated. There is really no point in using after effects for rendering anymore. Just use the LRTExport plugin for Lightroom and render with LRTimelapse. You will get even better quality then with AE and a way faster Workflow.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tomic
Thank you for the reply Gunther

I will buy the pro version because i want to export to prores. Can i export to prores on a PC?
#4 Gunther
Yes sure, you can!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 tomic
great, i just bought the pro version

One more question...

"You might want to play the time lapse via the little play-button below the preview, in order to get you a first impression on the time lapse.
Please note that LRTimelapse only shows the original previews – never the developed images!"

Any other way to play the sequence or preview it before exporting?

...also check out: