• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video won't render - STOP, ERROR, LAUNCH, ENCODER

#1 DLee
I had to have LR export for video twice last - the first version apparently rendered everything, 999 files, but didn't save anything. That was five hours down the tube.

I restarted LR and did the export again this time making sure that converted JPG files were showing up in the folder. I looked for these jpgs the first time as well and became concerned when I couldn't find them... but who wants to stop a rendering job when it's over half way through? Well, I learned that lesson.

So all 999 files were created, the video render dialog in LRT3 came up and when I pushed RENDER and error msg came up with a Stop sign and the message: ERROR, LAUNCH, ENCODER.

I have had similar problems with the LR slideshow output:

Gunther, if anyone can solve this it's you.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dennis
#2 Gunther
Hi, first thing would be if the LRTExport plugin exports correctly.
Check in the Lightroom Plugin Manager, if version 3.1 of LRTExport ist installed.

Then export your Sequence with the LRTExport Library Export (jpg sequence).

Now LRTimelapse should be called and in the intermediate folder you defined in the export plugin you should find the jpgs.
In LRTimelapse's Export dialog now set your settings, don't check to delete the intermediate sequence, just in case the export fails.

If it fails with the RENDER error, please send me the log file (info/log).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DLee
Hi Gunther,

Yes I'm all up to date - I just downloaded the full Pro version a couple days ago.

The Jpgs are all in place just like in the tutorials.

Everything goes just as it should until I hit the render button and then the same ERROR msg as above appears.

Please explain to me very precisely how to find the log. I tried everything I can think of with no success. If I need to use Terminal or similar please explain what I need to do to find the LRT3 info that you need.

Thanks very much for looking into this (if you can). Like I said before, it's a problem that has plagued my LR3 for a long time. I will be updating LR and the computer soon, but if I could export video from LRT3 right now... that would be heaven.

Dennis
#4 Gunther
In LRTimelapse in the info menu there is an option show log, please send that to support (at) lrtimelapse (dot) com. I'm sure we'll find the reason... ;-)
#5 DLee
It's sent, Thanks.

and... I really did look under the info tab before... I promise I did... really... it wasn't there.... ha.

d
#6 Gunther
The problem is, that you are on a 32bit mac. Check out this faq-post for a solution:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-rend...imelapse-3
#7 DLee
Gunther, I'm sitting here with my new 64bit MacBookPro and as a test I decided to render some video via LRT. I get the same darned msg. Unbelievable luck.

I'm looking at the log and think it may be a Java problem... I'll send it to you and see what you think. I did upgrade the Java when LRT started but I couldn't find the older version to dispose of it.... anyway, thanks for your help.

I'm running it LRT with LR5 and the new Export plug-in seems to be working fine, at least it's rendering the jogs as it should.

Thanks as always,

dennis
#8 Gunther
This usually happens if the ffmpeg encoder cannot be found. Most likely you didn't install the LRTimelapse Addons properly (on Mac).
If you open the DMG installer, on the left side you will find the LRTimelapse Addons. Some users reported that they cannot see the icon, but you can install them anyway by double clicking.
#9 DLee
That's exactly what the problem was. There was no icon, but I loaded via clicking on the type and now all is running beautifully.

You'll also be happy to know that I finally took the time to read your book - something I should have done before I began all this processing... I have a much better understanding now of the keyframes (1,2, and 3 star) and how they are working. I'm still not sure what the 4 star keyframes purpose is... but for now that's OK. I'll watch the HG video again and perhaps get that straightened out as well. Meanwhile I'm really appreciating the information in the numerical chart of LRT and using it in conjunction with the preview to establish a lot of additional keyframes during major lighting changes.

If you can link me to any discussions about inserting custom curves I would appreciate that.

Anyway, thanks again and be careful of those long coffee breaks with your wife out there in the wilderness... ha.

d

...also check out: