• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Deflicker

#1 rlpeebles
I have upgraded to 4.04 and started on my 1st folder of files with this version. I performed each step as I watched the training video.Everything worked beautifully until it came time to deflicker. The button is greyed out and the red dot doesn't appear (as it shows in the video). Thinking it could possibly be the files, I went through the steps with another folder. Same thing. Can you help me out on this one?
#2 Gunther
So are the visual previews being created? You'll need the full sequence to have visual previews, before you are able to activate the visual deflicker.
Please check this thread:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-visu...ot-working
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rlpeebles
I read your thread, but it didn't clear anything up. In fact I got the message .irt not found.
After clicking Visual Previews, I get an orange line at the bottom of the frame, that I can turn off by clicking "Preview edits"
Also, and not sure if it is related, there are 6 frames in the column "Interval" that are background highlighted in maroon.
And the last frame (keyframe) is n/a in the column "Interval"
And there is nothing in the column "Visual Lum"
And when I draw my rectangle in the sky, the column "Preview Lum" changes color to background grey with some numbers color white and other numbers color black.
And the DNC Conversion in the upper right is green. However, when I go to preferences, it says the DNG converter is located in /Applications/Adobe DNG Converter.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe DNG Converter. There is no such extension on my computer. I have run "iVisible" to be sure nothing is hidden). The real location for "Adobe DNG Converter.app" is located just in Applications

None of this makes any sense to me. I'm just trying to give you as much information as I can to determine why Visual Deflicker does not respond.
#4 Gunther
Quote:I read your thread, but it didn't clear anything up. In fact I got the message .irt not found.
it's ".lrt" - it's a hidden folder that LRTimelapse creates inside each time lapse folder. Try locating it and delete it then try again.

Code:
After clicking Visual Previews, I get an orange line at the bottom of the frame, that I can turn off by clicking "Preview edits"

That yellow line means that the visual previews are not yet loaded, this line slowly turns green as the visual previews load.

Quote:Also, and not sure if it is related, there are 6 frames in the column "Interval" that are background highlighted in maroon.
And the last frame (keyframe) is n/a in the column "Interval"
This is not related, that just indicates, that there are some intervals that are not corresponding to the most used interval, just ignore it for now.

Quote:And there is nothing in the column "Visual Lum"
That's because for some reason the visual previews are not being generated.

Quote:And when I draw my rectangle in the sky, the column "Preview Lum" changes color to background grey with some numbers color white and other numbers color black.
That's fine, "Preview Lum" corresponds to the Original Previews, just leave the Reference Area alone for now.

Quote:And the DNG Conversion in the upper right is green. However, when I go to preferences, it says the DNG converter is located in /Applications/Adobe DNG Converter.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe DNG Converter. There is no such extension on my computer. I have run "iVisible" to be sure nothing is hidden). The real location for "Adobe DNG Converter.app" is located just in Applications
The path is fine. The green badge indicates that the DNG converter is being found.

So - try again deleting that .lrt folder, then try again. If it still doesn't work, please send me the log file from info menu / show log.
#5 rlpeebles
I found the files. Attached is the screenshot of the files I deleted:    

I went back to LRT clicked on "visual previews" and this is the screen shot of what I got, i.e. no change see attachment    

I am also attaching a screen shot after clicking "preview edits    

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.
#6 Gunther
Obviosly the visual previews are not getting generated (red bar below visual preview). Please send me the log file (info menu/show log).
Wink
#7 rlpeebles
i'm attaching the log, but I believe I've figure it out. Go two comments back where I talk about the DNG converter where I mention that the default path location of the converter in preferences was here: /Applications/Adobe DNG Converter.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe DNG Converter

I mentioned that I had no such string (and still don't) on my computer, so I changed the location in preferences to simply /Applications (there is where I could actually see the converter.)

So today, I put the original path back into preferences. Volia, Visual Deflicker works.

The confusing part of this was the green "light" of the DNG converter was on, no matter which path was set in preferences. But I'll let you figure that out, if it's worth figuring out.

I have not tried to do another batch. If I have further problems, I'll get back to you.

What you've done is amazing i.e. LRTimelapse. I hope you get very rich from it!

Looks like there won't be an attachment. Apparently old information was overwritten by today's actions.
#8 Gunther
Yes unfortunately the Green Light checks for the existance of the DNG converter but won't notice if the path is wrong. I will change this in the next version.
Just to explain: any ".app" on Mac is in fact a folder, it's just that the Mac System automatically launches the app when clicking onto that folder - but if I launch it from LRTimelapse I need to launch a binary inside that .app. Sorry for the confusion that shouln't be your concern as a user. I will make this more clear in the next version.

...also check out: