• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual previews on mac slow

#1 citroën dealer
I have the problem that my mac is really slow when rendering all the visual previews. Is this normal? I have a iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) with an 3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It takes about one hour before it's rendered 1000 pics. And only after this i can deflicker my sequins. With LRT3 it was faster and i can export and render de pics/movie by night. Now i need to wait an hour than deflichker than wait another hour for the check. Is there a workaround to deflicker first?
#2 Gunther
With LRT3 you hadn't the visual previews and visual deflicker at all. If you feel, you don't need them, just use the simple workflow - this will deflicker based on the camera previews (like LRT3).
1 hr for 1000 pics on a medium fast computer is not unusual.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Julian Elliott
Just seen this and I'm glad that you confirm it takes about 1 hour or so. That is what my 4 year old laptop of 8GB takes to do a 700 image or so sequence.

What I'd like to know is how long does a newer machine take? i'm looking at getting an iMac and either putting 16GB or 32GB of RAM into it.
#4 Gunther
It's faster on a machine with a fast multicore processor (4 previews are being generated at once) and more RAM definietly helps too. Make sure to assign more RAM to LRTimelapse then too:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mac-...rtimelapse
#5 Julian Elliott
Great! All I need to do now is get the cash for a new iMac! Windows machines are beginning to annoy me to the point of absolute frustration.
#6 Gunther
Really? I don't want to start that discussion, but with a modern windows pc with win10 you get much more bang for the buck. I have both systems for my development of LRTimelapse, but productively I only work on windows and feel it's very well suited - not only for time lapse processing - and very fast and reliable. Basically it never crashes.
#7 Julian Elliott
There is a reason Gunther but I can't say on the forum. It wouldn't be fair.
#8 Gunther
Okay, thank you for you email. If you want talk about it publicly - fine. But let's make clear for all users that if I understand that right, it's not Windows machines that are frustrating you...

I for myself think, that you might well open up a thread here and discuss your real problem publicly, because I know, that there are other users that already experienced the same.
#9 Julian Elliott
For the record, it is not per se the Windows machine that is actually causing my issues right now. I need to create 4K video in the ProRes format but because of the restrictions of a specific company that avenue is currently blocked.

What is the company? I'm not willing to elaborate on a public forum as I do not want to jeopordize my relationship with them in any way.

Again, for the record, I have no specific problems with the overall use of LR Time Lapse. In fact, it has helped me create some great pieces of work which have started to sell to major outlets. So in that sense, be aware that if you buy into LRT then you are getting a massive bang for your buck. I honestly can't understand why in this sense Gunther hasn't been hunted down and asked to sell his product as it is worth a mint and rightly so.

I'll let you know the resulsts when I can Gunther. And also if I make any head way with "you know who!"
#10 Gunther
Thank you Julian! :-)

...also check out: