• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is the best way to reducing video file size

#1 UniqueCaptures
I have been exporting and compiling my video from LRTimelapse as 4k video with a quality setting of High with with tremendous results. The killer is that when I bring this into Abobe Premiere Pro 6 (PC) the program all but freezes up on me and the video preview NEVER catches up.

I don't believe this is not a lack of processing power issue. I have 64GB ram, 4 on video card, I7 and 4 drives of space on a 6 month old system that I had build for this application.... just getting started on the video processing side now.

Bummer is that I'm new to video processing and this speed / preview lock up is killing my desire to continue. I know others must have had similar issues and wanted to ask for some help and recommendations on how to make these files usable.

Should I reduce the file before importing into AP?
(If not what have I configured wrong?)

What is a good program to re-render the clip into an AP usable file?

Thanks in advance for any help and pointers
Steve

oh ya.... I'm sure this is on the forum somewhere but when I search for "reduce file size" I get randomness and have not been able to find the answers.
#2 Gunther
4K is for professional productions. If you don't really need it, don't bother with it. Just export in Full HD. Most of the current computer systems are not able to process 4K in that high bitrates in realtime.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 UniqueCaptures
(2013-10-12, 00:51)gwegner Wrote: 4K is for professional productions. If you don't really need it, don't bother with it. Just export in Full HD. Most of the current computer systems are not able to process 4K in that high bitrates in realtime.

Gunther, I have been giving the opportunity to have a 15 miunte short with our local theater that they will play before a feature film. The opportunity is awesome and I want to present in the best way possible. This is why I have been trying to get the 4K files to render for AP6. The 1K files from LRT are down right stunning but I think you will agree that are not going to cut it in this situation.

If there is a software that can rip the clips down into a more user friendly file please let me know.

Steve
#4 Gunther
Hi Steve,
maybe you understood me wrong - with a up to date computer that is suitable for video rendering it's no problem to edit and scrub through the 4K footage in real time, regardless if MP4 or ProRes.
If you export with LRT3, try MP4 in Quality "high", or even "medium" - this works without any problems on my Core i7, with NVidia card on Premiere CC. Make sure you have activated the GPU acceleration (Mercury Playback engine).
Let me say it again: this is not an issue with the footage LRTimelapse produces! Converting it into other formats will definitely make you loose quality.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: