• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When to apply Lens correction profiles

#1 Photosbykev
Hi,

my normal photography workflow includes applying a Lens correction profile to sort out distortion and corner vignetting. Using LRT for timelapse post processing when would be the best time to apply this correction please as I can see it will affect the average luminance value of each image?

regards
kev
#2 FableBlue2010
I apply the lens correction and 16x9 framing after I initialize the frame in LRT >save and then import(add) to lightroom.

My workflow:
Convert to DNG>initialize(LRT)>save>import LR(add)>lens correct>crop(16x9)>save>reload(LRT)> start doing the regular workflow without reinitializing my project...

Seems to work for me.

I hope that helps.
#3 Gunther
If you just follow the regular LRT4 workflow, like explained in my instructions: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow - you can just appy the lens corrections to the first keyframe and take them over by syncing to the others, just like any other development in LR too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Photosbykev
Thank you for the prompt responses Smile slowly getting to grips with the subtle changes in LRT4, the sync option is the new one for me to play with. I've saved a local copy of the workflow page for reference

regards
Kev
#5 Photosbykev
A quick thank you to Gwegner, the deflicker in LRT4 is very intuitive and produces excellent results, it easily removed a small amount of flicker in this short timelapse that was annoying me Smile

[Video: https://youtu.be/AlDtoJsJef0]
#6 Gunther
Awesome sequence! Silky Smooth :-) Great demo for the LRT4 deflicker. Try adding Motion Blur Plus in the render dialog, if you haven't that will render the water even smoother!
#7 nedleary
SMOOTH!!!! Nice!
#8 Photosbykev
Thank you Smile I'll have a play with the options. This sequence I exported from LR CC as full res jpg files and then manually edited about 70 of the files to remove birds etc and then rendered the video in Premier elements to add music. I'll have to re run the export via LR CC for LR4 to render after manually editing the same files again

Kev
#9 Photosbykev
Hi Gunther I tried adding the motion blur during the LR video render but could see little, or no, difference between my original video (i.e. the one above) and the LR generated video.

The option for medium and high motion blur are Pro options only but without seeing the end result I'm concerned about upgrading to LRT4 Pro from LRT4 and not getting any appreciable improvements.

Do you have any visual demonstration videos showing the effects of medium and high motion blur that will convince me to upgrade? or could you apply them to my original video to show the effect?

best regards
Kev
#10 Gunther
I'll make a video demonstration of those features soon.
If you'd send me the LRT_* jpg intermediary sequence, I could render an example for you. 200 images should be enough to see the effect.

...also check out: