• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which workflow for different versions of the same time lapse?

#1 gerlos
Hello everyone,
I'm a new user of lrtimelapse, and still need to learn a lot...

I've used lrtimelapse to create a time lapse video from a set of RAW shots taken last sunday night. Now I'd like to try a new version of the same video, with a different crop and colors, without modifying my first experiment. 

I know I can copy my RAW pictures in another directory, but this way I would waste a lot of disk space - I'm sure there is a more efficient way of doing this. 

So, how can I keep different versions of the same time lapse? Is there a suggested workflow?

Thanks in advance,
gerlos
#2 Gunther
Just use the "Snapshot" feature in LRTimelapse. (Menu, or the Buttons top right of the table). A snapshot saves the current set of XMP data for the whole sequence. Later then you can load a snapshot to go back to that state of editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gerlos
Thanks for your quick answer!

One more question: where does lrtimelapse save snapshots data? 
I keep my time lapse photos and ligthroom catalog in an USB disk, that I use on both my Macbook laptop and my desktop PC. 

It would be nice to be able to work on those snapshots on both my computers, or just backup them.
#4 Gunther
That's no problem. Like the previews, the snapshots will be saved into a hidden folder inside the folder with the sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: