• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

why no slight exposure adjustment in HG workflow

#1 Wesleyox
Hi Gunther,

I used HG to adjust my timelapse as per your tutorial. It worked fine. However I wanted to do some minor adjustment to the exposure between the 1st frame to the last frame, without using the offset, rotate or stretch in LRT but I wanted to do it using Lightroom as it offers more precise adjustment.

My question is: After completing the HG workflow, can I then initialize in basic workflow and make the exposure adjustment, since the basic workflow can create a smooth exposure curve from frame to frame? Or will it interfere with the HG settings I have already applied?

thank you
#2 Gunther
No, initializing will reset everything. The Exposure tool is being used for the HG-leveling, so you can't use it for brightness adjustments.
I'd suggest you use some of the othe tools, for example the parametric tonecurve for additional brightness adjustments if needed on the 2nd Layer of keyframes (4*) during the HG-Workflow.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Wesleyox
Is this a possible alternative solution?

1. Use HG to correct basic exposure.
2. Export final JPGs from Lightroom
3. Initialize exported JPGs in Basic mode in LRTimelapse
4. Refine exposure from in Lightroom
5. Auto transition in basic mode in LRTimelapse
#4 Gunther
Yes, that would be a 2 pass approach, you can use it even, if normally it's not required if you do the HG-Workflow right.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: