• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wifi or USB OTG

#1 hernandito
Hi Guys,

New to all of this and very excited.

I am getting a used Nexus 7 2012 32GB tonight. I use a Nikon D5200 and I do have the Nikon WiFi adapter (can't recall the number W1b...?) which works fine.

I already bought a USB OTG cable, and I wanted to get feedback about the speed of transfer between qDD and the camera when using the LRTL module.

I assume it would be better/reliable to use the cable, over the Nikon Wifi adapter.

Can anyone who has experience offer me some advice on this? I worry about loosing the WiFi connection and starting over... I tried it with an OLD Nook Color w/ Cyanogenmod and the Wifi-qDD experience was awful... thus why I am buying the Nexus.

Also, I am aware of the rule of thumb of setting the interval to 4 secs. between exposures, I would love to drop that down to 1 or 2 secs. Would the cable be able to handle the image transfer faster to make this possible?

I live in NYC and inevitably there will be people in my shots... shooting at 4 secs. is too long and people just jump through the frame.

Many thanks,

H.
#2 Gunther
It would be best if you try it out with your own setups. There is no general rule that USB will be faster the Wifi. I don't have any stability issues with wifi as well - but please make your own tests with your specific gear.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 hernandito
Thank you Gunther... I will do some testing today as you suggest.

Your work is amazing!

Thanks again,

Hernando

...also check out: