• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No comunication between LR4 and LRtlapse

#1 ndt@prodigy.net.mx
Hello, I am in the learning curve and read all the eBook (very good info), but I have some difficulties:

1. I have this folder in the hard disk with a sequence of individual JPG's.
2. If I read the sequence with LRTlapse and save the metadata...LR4 cannot import the same sequence.
3. If I import the sequence with LR4 then the LRTlapse program cannot "see" the same folder.
4. If I open the original sequence with LRTlapse and the imported sequence with LR4, then the two programs do not recognize each other changes in metadata.

I appreciate very much some advise because I have learned the process form the eBook and tutorials (very nicely explained), but I found myself stuck at the beginning and cannot "practice".

Tommaso
#2 Raw Media Studios
(2012-04-10, 02:16)ndt@prodigy.net.mx Wrote: Hello, I am in the learning curve and read all the eBook (very good info), but I have some difficulties:

2. If I read the sequence with LRTlapse and save the metadata...LR4 cannot import the same sequence.
3. If I import the sequence with LR4 then the LRTlapse program cannot "see" the same folder.
4. If I open the original sequence with LRTlapse and the imported sequence with LR4, then the two programs do not recognize each other changes in metadata.

I appreciate very much some advise because I have learned the process form the eBook and tutorials (very nicely explained), but I found myself stuck at the beginning and cannot "practice".

Tommaso

Hmmm this is odd. But need a little more info.
Mac or Windows OS?
Version of LRTimelapse?
Jpegs are from what? Canon, Nikon, Sony etc...

By "cannot import the same sequence" are you meaning they are not showing up in the same order in LR4 as they do in LRT?

For #3 Off the top of my head it almost sounds like a permissions problem as far as the folders goes. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to see the folder.

Are you working/saving in two different folders? One for LRT and one for LR4?

Was the original sequence first imported in a older version of LR?

Since you've have followed the book and tutorials I'm stumped until get some more info.

One thing I would try is deleting the catalog from LR4 and deleting the stubs preview folders.

%APPDATA%\LRTimelapse\stubs in Vista or
Application Data\LRTimelapse\stubs in Win7
and starting over again following the workflow. ie. start with LRT save then import the sequence into LR4. If your using a Mac try searching for the stubs folder. Also either of these folders may be hidden by default so you may have to change permissions to view and change.

RMS
#3 ndt@prodigy.net.mx
(2012-04-10, 07:24)Raw Media Studios Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 02:16)ndt@prodigy.net.mx Wrote: Hello, I am in the learning curve and read all the eBook (very good info), but I have some difficulties:

Tommaso

Hmmm this is odd. But need a little more info.
Mac or Windows OS?
Version of LRTimelapse?
Jpegs are from what? Canon, Nikon, Sony etc...

By "cannot import the same sequence" are you meaning they are not showing up in the same order in LR4 as they do in LRT?

For #3 Off the top of my head it almost sounds like a permissions problem as far as the folders goes. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to see the folder.

Are you working/saving in two different folders? One for LRT and one for LR4?

Was the original sequence first imported in a older version of LR?

Since you've have followed the book and tutorials I'm stumped until get some more info.

One thing I would try is deleting the catalog from LR4 and deleting the stubs preview folders.

%APPDATA%\LRTimelapse\stubs in Vista or
Application Data\LRTimelapse\stubs in Win7
and starting over again following the workflow. ie. start with LRT save then import the sequence into LR4. If your using a Mac try searching for the stubs folder. Also either of these folders may be hidden by default so you may have to change permissions to view and change.

RMS

#4 ndt@prodigy.net.mx

Tommaso

Thank you.
I solved the problem with your questions ! I was working in two different folders. After going back to the tutorial I realized that first you should import with LR4 and NOT save metadata before opening LRT ... and then my first edition and deflickering is complete. I will make a timelapse trip to the mayan world in 2 weeks (new moon) and then practice a lot more.
Best regards
Tommaso
#5 Raw Media Studios
(2012-04-10, 08:04)ndt@prodigy.net.mx Wrote:

Tommaso

Thank you.
I solved the problem with your questions ! I was working in two different folders. After going back to the tutorial I realized that first you should import with LR4 and NOT save metadata before opening LRT ... and then my first edition and deflickering is complete. I will make a timelapse trip to the mayan world in 2 weeks (new moon) and then practice a lot more.
Best regards
Tommaso

Glad you figured it out and good luck on your shoots. Hope you post the results here.

RMS

...also check out: