• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XMP data from Bridge being lost

#1 editdroid
Hi there,

I'm new to LRTimelapse, but I've been following a video tutorial on using it with my RAW files. I first open my RAW files in Adobe Bridge. Then I open a file in Camera RAW and monkey with the settings. When I'm back in Bridge I copy/paste those settings to the rest of the files. I then open that folder in LRTimelapse, select all files and check Deflicker. I press the Auto button and then save.

When I import these files into After Effects, all the color/image correction I did in Adobe Bridge are gone, and the image gets cropped. I've unchecked the 16x9 box in the LRTimelapse preferences, but that didn't help.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

I've got a Mac and I'm using AE 5.5.

Thanks in advance
#2 Gunther
Hi, in the first place I recommend following my workflow. There is a Bridge/ACR Workflow on the LRTimelapse page, section workflows. If after that you still have questions come back to me.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 editdroid
(2012-04-02, 08:25)gwegner Wrote: Hi, in the first place I recommend following my workflow. There is a Bridge/ACR Workflow on the LRTimelapse page, section workflows. If after that you still have questions come back to me.

Ok, finally got around to trying out the workflow, but XMP data is still not coming into After Effects. I see the XMP files in the folder with the RAW images, and I can see my changes in the thumbnail, but when importing into After Effect they just show their original unaltered selves. Is there some setting I'm missing in After Effects when importing?

Thanks
#4 editdroid
I'm clearly doing something wrong. I follow the workflows. I adjust my settings in Bridge and LRTimelapse, but when I import into After Effects, all that data is gone. My color correction and exposure adjustments are not coming across. This is very frustrating. I don't know much about AE, so I must be doing something wrong somewhere.
#5 Gunther
Hi, maybe you are using different versions of the Adobe processing engine between After Effects and ACR/Bridge? A never processing engine in ACR and an older version of AfterEffects could mess up...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: