• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XT POWER PACKS FOR SLIDER AND PINE CONTROLLER

#11 timelapsefrank
Thanks Ralph, I have XT sending me a replacement. They say that it does not shut down??? We will see??
#12 timelapsefrank
Yes I can use them. But if there is a problem then where do I send the product to?? It take about 20 days to get anything from Germany through to us in Canada.
#13 Ralph
Why don't you take the one from Dynamic Perception.
https://www.dynamicperception.com/product-p/dp-ppb2.htm
This seems to be the same as the XT-Power that Gunther has and I use.
Since DP is located in the states, they should also send them to Canada without problems and much faster.
#14 timelapsefrank
Thanks for your info. I hope the next one I get is correct. They told me the ones I had prior where marked in correctly at Amazon. They will send me the updated vesrion which I have the link below. I will keep everyone updated on this over the next while making sure it works properly in low amps.

https://www.amazon.com/XTPower-XT-20000Q...way&sr=8-6

Cheers Frank
#15 AndyMc
I've done a bit of experimenting with mine, which is auto turn off.
Power saving needs to be set at 0 - 20%. Any more than that, it will shut off.

Now that you have ordered the no shutoff version, then I would hope that your problems are over - unless you have a dodgy connection :-)
#16 timelapsefrank
HI Ralph, Here is the info that I think the forum for timelapse can use. I just received this from the Manufacturer in the USA. AS the power packs would shut down in the past for low wattage use. So the solution below.

Looking for a rechargeable battery for continuous operation of small and medium sized devices with a voltage of 12-24V and a load of 0.1 to 50 watts? Then choose the power bank XT-20000QC3-AO
Special model "without automatic shutdown"

Same as the standard model XT-20000QC3, this powerbank brings along all the good features of this battery solution. On customer request, however, we supplement our range with a variant without automatic shutdown. What does that mean?

Many power banks turn off the DC output (circular plug) when a mobile device is fully charged. Most of the time this shutdown is at a load below 4-5 watts. Our models XT-16000QC3 and XT-20000QC3 also have this automatic shutdown. In the special model sold here, this shutdown was disabled. Thus, you can also power small devices, LED lights, devices with standby mode and many other applications.

Note: We remind you that you must switch off the power bank when it is no longer needed to avoid a deep discharge during storage.

Frank
#17 timelapsefrank
Hi Gunther I thought you might like to know about this power pack from XT power in the USA. They just sent me this particular power pack. I have the info below for you.

Here is the info that I think the forum for timelapse can use. I just received this from the Manufacturer in the USA. AS the power packs would shut down in the past for low wattage use. So the solution below.

Looking for a rechargeable battery for continuous operation of small and medium sized devices with a voltage of 12-24V and a load of 0.1 to 50 watts? Then choose the power bank XT-20000QC3-AO
Special model "without automatic shutdown"

Same as the standard model XT-20000QC3, this powerbank brings along all the good features of this battery solution. On customer request, however, we supplement our range with a variant without automatic shutdown. What does that mean?

Many power banks turn off the DC output (circular plug) when a mobile device is fully charged. Most of the time this shutdown is at a load below 4-5 watts. Our models XT-16000QC3 and XT-20000QC3 also have this automatic shutdown. In the special model sold here, this shutdown was disabled. Thus, you can also power small devices, LED lights, devices with standby mode and many other applications.

Note: We remind you that you must switch off the power bank when it is no longer needed to avoid a deep discharge during storage
#18 Gunther
That sounds very good, thank you for the information!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#19 stars
Timelapsefrank ; you are a miracle !!

Autoshutdown of the battery is my nightmare but I have never figured it out. I have two XTPower banks which work OK, except.....

sometimes my entire astrotimelapse sequence just disastrously stops. For a while I thought it was due to cold weather.

I use XTpower to power a USB Case Relay to power a Nikon D750, plus USB power to a tablet running qDSLR, plus sometimes a 9v feed roundpin to LRTintervalometer.

I even bought a second expensive Case Relay, thinking that to be the problem.

So what happens is that all is running fine, nice green light on the Relay, I go to get warm and on return the Relay is mysteriously dead....D750 dead therefore. Caused, I now believe, by the XT pack turning off the feed to a 'fully charged' Relay.

So I just ordered a NO TURNOFF replacement from XT Power in Europe https://www.xtpower.de

Thanks milles fois for your insight!!
#20 Ralph
@stars

Probably you are right and the automatic shutdown has switched off the Powerbank.
At temperatures around 0°Celsius, however, you should make sure that it is not too cold for the Powerbank. The power banks react very sensitively to cold.
I always leave them in my backpack under such conditions and when it gets colder I put them in an insulated bag.
If you put a hand warmer in there too, nothing can happen.
So I could operate a slider plus camera all night long at -15° Celsius.

...also check out: