• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need some help, please!

#1 MDV-
Hi there,

I'm not that good at LRTimelapse, not too new to it but I just recently wanted to start using it. I've watched a few videos on how to do the basics, and at first, it looked quite simple and super powerful. It seemed amazing. But I ran into a few problems, hoping someone could perhaps help me out because I have got no idea how to fix them. I really want to work with LRTimelapse, so any help would be awesome. Here's what I do:

1.) There is 1 file on my desktop with 300 photos. I open up LRTimelapse, click once on the file shown, and all the photos import into the main area. Working fine.

2.) I select the keyframes (3), click "Save", and I drag the photos into a Lightroom import. All 300 photographs are imported, the 3 keyframes are 4-star labeled, and I'm able to filter it to only those 3 photos to display. Working well.

3.) I edit the photos. Once I'm done them all how I like them, I select Ctrl + S (save metadata to file), and I go back to LRTimelapse. So far so good. Here comes the problem though:

3.) I select "Reload". The edits on the right of each photo's data has been applied like expected (e.g. Exposure: 0.09, Red Hue: -10, etc.). The yellow line has 3 bumps in them as expected for the 3 keyframes I have edited (start, middle, end). Now, I select "Auto Transition", and the yellow line becomes smooth, AND the picture data on the sides have been changed according to the edits. BUT, the preview does not update with the edits. That's the first problem.

4.) I go back to Lightroom, select ALL of the 300 photos, and go to Metadata > Read Metadata from Files. BUT, the photos aren't changed like expected, and when I go to develop, there are NO settings changed.

5.) I thought perhaps that's ok, that it will just update when I create the mp4. So, that's what I tried. I selected all of the photos, right-clicked, and selected "Go to Folder in Library". I then select all of them once again, navigated to the bottom-left in Lightroom, and clicked "Export...". I select, on the top, "Export to: Export Time Lapse (LRTimelapse)". Then, I choose "LRT (JPG, 4K)". Unfortunately, when doing so, it says "Can't use Plug-in "Export Time Lapse (LRTimelapse)" The plug-in had an internal error while opening the Export dialog.". So, I can't export it through Lightroom.

6.) Now not knowing what to do, I try and export it through LRTimelapse. I go to export it to an mp4 onto my desktop. I open it up, and it's not edited.

This was bugging me a little bit, and I was trying to fix it for a few days now, but I couldn't find a solution, so I came here. Sorry for the thread being long, I just wanted to add majority of my steps in there just in case I was doing something wrong. Any help would be really appreciated!

Take it easy. Smile
#2 Gunther
3) The camera preview doesn't update. That normal and explained in every tutorial and the instructions. The previews will only be developed when you activate "Visual Previews".
4) You need to save in LRTimelapse before the settings will be available in Lightroom, otherwise you won't get the changes.
Also make sure to always to the "Write Metadata" and "Read Metadata" in Lightroom from Grid View. Otherwise it won't affect all images.

Please do a clean start: remove the sequence from lightroom then initialize in LRT via "Metadata / Initialize".
Now strictly follow the instructions for the Visual Workflow on https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/

Also my EBook might be a valuable resource for you, I explain everything step by step there too: https://lrtimelapse.com/buy/ebook/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MDV-
Hi, thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

So, #3 makes sense now, thanks for clearing that up. #4 is fixed now, you were right - I forgot to save it in LRTimelapse so I can see the edits in Lightroom.

Now, the only problem left in Lightroom is when I select "Export", it doesn't let me export it. I stated the problem as #5 in my first post on this thread with much more detail. Everything else is fine except for the exporting, now.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
#4 Gunther
I assume your are talking about this:
Quote:Then, I choose "LRT (JPG, 4K)". Unfortunately, when doing so, it says "Can't use Plug-in "Export Time Lapse (LRTimelapse)" The plug-in had an internal error while opening the Export dialog.". So, I can't export it through Lightroom.
Make sure to have restarted Lightroom after installing LRTimelapse with the plugin.
Normally you just need to select one of the LRTimelapse Export presets on the left in the export dialog.
If you continue getting the error message, check the plugin Manager in Lightroom. See if you get a more meaningful error description there.
Reinstalling LRTimelapse with closed Lightroom might be another option to check.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 MDV-
Reinstalled LRTimelapse - Problem solved.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. Have a good one.

...also check out: