• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker not going away

#1 wscott45
Hi there. I am having some problems using Lrtimelapse (have tried it with both Lightroom and After Effects). I follow your steps as per the tutorial video but there is still flicker in my final video. The thumbnails in lightroom seem like it should work fine, but when ever I go to export the video, the flicker is back - as if I didnt make any alterations at all. Can you advise as to what I may be doing to cause this? Thanks in advance! Will.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Anke
You didn't by any chance miss the final step, i.e. back in Lightroom, read metadata from files, did you?
#3 Gunther
Whatching your Screenshots there is definitely something wrong there.
Please try to carefully follow my workflow. In the last image you see that the red curve (Exposure after deflickering) has a much bigger amplitude than the yellow one. That's not how it's meant to be.
I would suggerst starting over from scratch (initializing the whole sequence) and try to do it again. Deflickering should always be the last step, you might have to play with the smoothness slider to get the curves straight.

If you want to dig deeper I recommend my EBook for a detailed explanation how deflicker and the processes work.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 wscott45
(2012-09-23, 11:12)gwegner Wrote: Whatching your Screenshots there is definitely something wrong there.
Please try to carefully follow my workflow. In the last image you see that the red curve (Exposure after deflickering) has a much bigger amplitude than the yellow one. That's not how it's meant to be.
I would suggerst starting over from scratch (initializing the whole sequence) and try to do it again. Deflickering should always be the last step, you might have to play with the smoothness slider to get the curves straight.

If you want to dig deeper I recommend my EBook for a detailed explanation how deflicker and the processes work.

Thanks for your reply. I have followed to workflow as carefully as I can! I have tried numerous times, varying to deflickering settings. Nothing seems to work. I have your ebook as well and have gone through that too! Any other advice - very frustrating as I have managed to fix a couple of clips already with lrtimelapse. This particular one is proving very problematic! I will try two pass deflickering and let you know how I get on. Thanks again, Will.

...also check out: