• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue coming back from Lightroom 4 to LRTimelapse

#1 Rumple
Hi Everyone,

This is my first timelapse using both Lightroom 4.2 and LRTimelapse 2.1, so I hope I can smooth out my issue.

I followed the tutorial video and opened my 400 image sequence into LRTimelapse (I am trying out the unregistered version before buying). Initialised, Defined Ref. Area (my line wasn't straight but the playback didnt flicker to my eye), Added 2 keyframes (one at the start and one at the end), Saved the XMP data.

I then open Lightroom 4.2, imported my sequence, I sorted by the star filter (got my start and finish images), edited the first (adding a graduated filter too), copied & pasted ALL the settings to the last image (changed it to be much darker and changed the crop a little), went back to grid view and liked the results I had.

(see file LR01.jpg attached)

I saved the metadata of both images and went back into LRTimelapse, clicked Reload.

No graduated filter and alot of my edits are not changed. The crop is there, but not many others.

(see files LRT001.jpg & LRT002.jpg)

I am not sure why I am hitting issues as I followed the tutorial exactly.
Help!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi, thank you for you in depth description!
I'm still not sure how you determine that the changes have not been transferred?

In the screenshot I see that you can scroll the table to the right - after reloading you should see the changed parameters in the table. Please make sure to use one of the two predefined gradients! As far as I understood you, you created a new one. That one will not be supported by LRT!

Otherwise to be really sure you should remove the tick on "hide unchanged properties" to see all properties in the table. "Unchanged" means that they are same over the whole sequence - not that you didn't change them!

One last thing: you wont see the changes applied to the preview, only in the table!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rumple
If I scroll to the right the columns I can ticked see are:

Crop Top
Crop Left
Crop Crop
Crop Angle
WB Temp
Shadows 2012
Whites 2012

What column should I be looking for (inunticked), to see values for the graduated filter?
#4 Gunther
If you don't use one of the Graduated Filters that are automatically generated (you'll see the dots if you are on an image in Lightroom and hit "M".

The parameters are "1st grad..." for the first gradient and "2nd grad..." for the second gradient accordingly.
#5 Rumple
I am continuing the workflow and am finding the inbetween images are updating correctly in LightRoom.

Question: Do I have to wait for all the images to update in Lightroom before I can export? Or Could I export from Lightroom once the metadata has been saved out of LRT?
#6 Gunther
You can export as soon as the metadate has been read in. Just make sure to clear any filters before loading the metadata in Lightroom.
#7 Rumple
Sorted. Export done. Next time I need to make sure the tripod doesn't move Tongue
#8 pkuncewicz
Hi there!
Sorry for raising back a dead topic but I think my inquiry fits here as I have issues with the Lr->LRT workflow as well.

I do everything according to the tutorial but when applying the changes to keyframes they won't seem to load back into LRT; At first I wasn't sure and thought the edits are too minor to be visible, but then decided to apply B/W presets to the entire folder. I still cannont see the difference in LRT.
Im quite sure that metadata was saved correctly as I used Bridge or Photoshop to preview files and they are black+white. Seems that LRT won't read the changed metadata.
(I'm using LR4)
Is there any way around this? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Pawel
#9 Gunther
Hi, please make sure you are using the latest version of LRTimelapse.
Make sure you are in Grid Mode (G) when saving the Metadata to the Files (Ctrl S).
Just to make an experience: change the exposure of the first file to +1EV in LR. Hit Ctrl-S then go to LRTimelapse, Reload and check the 1st Row in the Table - does the Exposure Column say "1" (instead of 0)
#10 pkuncewicz
Hi again,
I downloaded the latest version.
I did as you suggested and the change is displayed in the table (1 instead of 0), the preview is unaffected though.

(2012-12-11, 15:39)gwegner Wrote: Hi, please make sure you are using the latest version of LRTimelapse.
Make sure you are in Grid Mode (G) when saving the Metadata to the Files (Ctrl S).
Just to make an experience: change the exposure of the first file to +1EV in LR. Hit Ctrl-S then go to LRTimelapse, Reload and check the 1st Row in the Table - does the Exposure Column say "1" (instead of 0)

...also check out: