• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

using 9x ND filter with a "holy grail"

#1 jacekottawa
I'm working on day to night sequence. I used for the day light very dark 9x ND filter, at some point I took it of and the keyframes wizard is not detecting the jump. Any suggestion[Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaceks/9615876051/]?
#2 Gunther
How should it detect that? There is no change in Exif-Data. Just manually set a 2* keyframe to the last shot with filter and a 3* keyframe to the first without.
I however don't recomment to start holy grails with filter and then remove it inbetween. You will have a hard time matching that two keyframes because of color cast and vignetting. The Holy-Grail Wizard will not be able to match it as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jacekottawa
(2013-08-29, 09:54)gwegner Wrote: How should it detect that? There is no change in Exif-Data. Just manually set a 2* keyframe to the last shot with filter and a 3* keyframe to the first without.
I however don't recomment to start holy grails with filter and then remove it inbetween. You will have a hard time matching that two keyframes because of color cast and vignetting. The Holy-Grail Wizard will not be able to match it as well.

Yes, you are absolutely right Gunther. There was change in the EXIF since I had to compensate as well but it made a mess. I was able to set it manually but as you predicted there is quite a shift in colour and vignetting.

...also check out: