• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT's bug or Lightroom bug?

#11 h_power
(2013-07-30, 08:29)gwegner Wrote: No, it doesn't matter if you use RAW or DNG. You can convert to DNG with
a) LRTimelapse 3 pro
b) Lightroom
c) Adobe DNG Converter

I think it must be the lightroom's bug...Maybe the reason of the color temperature .. I shoot 'holy grail ' by M mode,white balance 'sunshine' and change the shutter and ISO to avoid under exposure.Finally,I get five different exposure segments,the time may be "18:00-18:20","18:20-18:40","18:40-:19:00","19:00-19:20","19:20-19:40".and only the "18:40-19:00" segment is flicker.the others are all smooth...
#12 GreenBean
Is there any solution on this problem? I have the same experience.

While I have done many many day to nights with LRT 2.3.2 and LR 4, this last one flickers crazy towards the end of the sequence. Running through the NEF's without any LRT adjustments the sky is flicker free.

Is it LRT or LR that is doing this?

I've deleted my XMP's twice and started over. Removed all gradients since LRT has trouble with them. And it crazy flicker time in the dusk to night part of the sequence.

(2013-07-30, 10:00)h_power Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 08:29)gwegner Wrote: No, it doesn't matter if you use RAW or DNG. You can convert to DNG with
a) LRTimelapse 3 pro
b) Lightroom
c) Adobe DNG Converter

I think it must be the lightroom's bug...Maybe the reason of the color temperature .. I shoot 'holy grail ' by M mode,white balance 'sunshine' and change the shutter and ISO to avoid under exposure.Finally,I get five different exposure segments,the time may be "18:00-18:20","18:20-18:40","18:40-:19:00","19:00-19:20","19:20-19:40".and only the "18:40-19:00" segment is flicker.the others are all smooth...
#13 Gunther
It that really flicker you are talking about? How does the blue curve looks like? Or is it subtile color changes, those might be introduced by the sensors of some DSLRs (i.e. Nikon D7000) when shooting Night sky at high iso.
Try to smooth that out with the new "LRT Plus Motion Blur" feature in the render module.
But this requires, that there is no real luminance flicker - means you shot with open aperture.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 GreenBean
Yes, ironically it is flicker introduced by LRT. This is verified by the fact that there is no flicker in the NEF alone without LRT adjustments.

Also, when adjusting the in/out keyframes in LR there is zero difference. Then after coming back from LRT there is new flicker introduced.

These are from a D700, with similar setup and exposures that LRT 2.3.2 and LR4 have done well with many times before.

(2013-10-25, 11:49)gwegner Wrote: It that really flicker you are talking about? How does the blue curve looks like? Or is it subtile color changes, those might be introduced by the sensors of some DSLRs (i.e. Nikon D7000) when shooting Night sky at high iso.
Try to smooth that out with the new "LRT Plus Motion Blur" feature in the render module.
But this requires, that there is no real luminance flicker - means you shot with open aperture.
#15 Gunther
I still would like to have defined what you mean with flicker. Did you actually activate deflicker? You should leave this off for now.
If you have it off, there is no way, that LRTimelapse could introduce real flicker. Ich you edit your images with certain settings in Lightroom (especially non-linear settings, like highlights, blacks, shadows, white, vibrance, etc.), those settings might behave different depending on the actual image. Especially very dark night images that are heavily processed might show that.
Additionally the D700 is as well one of those cameras, that show that color flickering. That effect might be emphasised due to the editing.

So please do the following: Synchronize the settings of the first edited image in Lightroom to all images. Then render. LRTimelapse will than have done nothing. Is the effect still visible? Then it's like I said.

You might as well post a video here, so I could have a look at that effect. It's hard to guess without seeing it.

Best
Gunther
#16 GreenBean
When I synchronize the settings of the first edited image in Lightroom to all images it is the same net result of the RAW NEF images. No Flicker. Except for the obvious HG exposure adjustments.

What I want to understand is - if all the in**/out*** frames match perfectly in LR, then I run through LRT Auto Transition - why do they not match after reading the new metadata from LRT?

(2013-10-26, 01:10)gwegner Wrote: I still would like to have defined what you mean with flicker. Did you actually activate deflicker? You should leave this off for now.
If you have it off, there is no way, that LRTimelapse could introduce real flicker. Ich you edit your images with certain settings in Lightroom (especially non-linear settings, like highlights, blacks, shadows, white, vibrance, etc.), those settings might behave different depending on the actual image. Especially very dark night images that are heavily processed might show that.
Additionally the D700 is as well one of those cameras, that show that color flickering. That effect might be emphasised due to the editing.

So please do the following: Synchronize the settings of the first edited image in Lightroom to all images. Then render. LRTimelapse will than have done nothing. Is the effect still visible? Then it's like I said.

You might as well post a video here, so I could have a look at that effect. It's hard to guess without seeing it.

Best
Gunther
#17 Gunther
They should since they will normally not be altered - otherwise something else is wrong - I can't say without knowing more details. You might check the log for any errors or send it to me (info menu/log)
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: