• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving Folders on Computer

#1 Beth
I imported some timelapse sequences into the wrong places on LRTimelapse 4. I've tried to move them from within LRT4, but it moves the pictures into the new folder... without keeping the actual folder name there, resulting in hordes of photos that need to be moved into a folder again... which always ends up in the wrong spot again.

Can I move the photos manually in my Mac's finder and have LRT still function? I've got about six or seven that I need to move, so thought I'd get an answer before I start. I know Lightroom gets grumpy if you move things not in Lightroom... wondering if LRT4 is like that as well?

Thanks for the help!
#2 Gunther
Yes, you can move the folders in finder or explorer too, no problem. Just make sure to assign the new location in Lightroom then too (if you have already imported those folders into lightroom).

However, I'm surprised, that moving in LRTimelapse does not work for you, normally this should work flawlessly too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Beth
Thanks Gunther!

Yeah, it moves the photos themselves, but just dumps them into the main folder... So I end up with thousands of photos there from a bunch of different folders. It doesn't move the folder itself, if that makes sense. I'm using LRT4.2, but it did it in 4.1 and 4.0 as well. Just moves the photos, but doesn't keep the folder structure intact.

But if I can move them in Finder, that will work just fine.
#4 Gunther
If you just move the files, this is expected behavior, doing this in Explorer or Finder will deliver the same result.
However, If you want to move a full folder, you have to right click on the folder in the folder tree (left side) there is a "move" option that allows you to move the whole folder.
#5 Beth
That's what I was doing, Gunther. Right clicking on the folder name on the left hand side and choosing move. It never moved the folder. Just the images.

It's all good - moving worked in Finder. Problem solved! Smile Thanks for the answers!
#6 Gunther
You should not have the folder loaded that you want to move in LRTimelapse, maybe it was locked and therefore could not be moved.

...also check out: