• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From sunset to the Milky Way

#11 Zaren
Thank you for getting back to me Gunther,

I have checked and the D5100 doesn't seem to have an option for manual aperture ring Sad I have herd of the twist method before so i will give this a try.

I will be upgrading to Full frame in the next few months so it's not too much of a problem, i'm just torn between either a second hand D700 or a new D610. But i can't decide which might be the best option.

Do you have any opinions on the aforementioned camera body's? I mainly shoot landscapes and time-lapse including astro time-lapse. I have herd that the noise performance on both the D700 and D610 is quite similar.
#12 Gunther
Hi Zaren,
you might want to check out the new D750 if you would like to go full frame, I love that Body! Awesome ISO performance, tilt display and WiFi - everything you need for TL!
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Zaren
I hadn't even considered the D750, yet another choice!! I will have to check it out. Thanks again.
#14 Zaren
Hi Gunther

Just to give you a quick update, i went for the D750 and couldn't be happier it looks to be an incredible camera, thank you for the suggestion. Now i just need the weather to play ball so i can go outside and shoot!
#15 Gunther
Awesome, enjoy it - I'm currently in Thailand with the D750 and it's awesome!
#16 Malko
Gunther, which objective do you recommend for this cam while shooting TL astro?
#17 Gunther
Any fast lens should do. I use the 14-24 f/2.8 a lot and the new Sigma Art 25 f/1.4

...also check out: