• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1.9.4 not correctly reading 5D2 metadata

#1 Joe Lawry
Hi,

New to this game but slowly learning through trial and error.
Im running a number of different cameras, 60D, 5D2 & 5D3.

Currently i've having issues with 1.9.4 not correctly reading 5D2 metadata between LR & Lightroom 3 (yes yes i need to upgrade I know)

I start in LR fine, move to light room, make my adjustments to my keyframed frames. Save the metadata. Return to LR, reload.. and nothing. LR reloads the keyframe, but no metadata other than that updates..

I have no problems with the workflow when using RAW off my 60D however. Start to finishing following the tutorials is no problem at all and im able to create a great timelapse.

Im very closing to purchasing LR. I just need to be 100% happy with this workflow before I put any money down and I need my 5D2 working as well.

Cheers
Joe
#2 Gunther
Are you sure you
1.) Initialized the sequence in LRT
2.) Imported all (!) metadata in LR

If you change only the keyframes and save metadata for them, it's normal that only that images update in LRT. You have to apply the auto transition for the inbetween images to change.

Just check the Workflow description again and try it once more, I'm conviced that it will work.
Please make sure that ExifTool is properly Installed as well (Main window of LRT should say "LR3, Exiftool").

If your porblems persist come back to me with a more detailed description what you are doing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joe Lawry
Okey, you were right, I missed have missed something. All seems to be working well now.

Thank you very much for your help, it is amazing how precise you have to be, and if you miss one step it wont work. Im sure over time it'll become second nature.

I will make a purchase within the next few days.

Thanks again

...also check out: