• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1st frame of rendered sequence has less contrast

#1 eccolo
Hi there,

I upgraded to LRT5 recently (for Mac). I had three time-lapse sequences with the same phenomenon. These sequences were already processed in LRT4, so , I reset all metadata, re-initialized and made new keyframes. I followed the workflow as all times.
By checking the rendered movie with Quicktime I found that the first frame of each sequence has less contrast compared to the following frames. The reason can't be that there is some kind of saving error with the metadata of the first keyframe, as colours, frame and all other changes are there.
Further VLC player is not able to play the movie correctly, showing strange artifacts.
I checked old rendered sequences with LRT4. They all play smooth and fluent on all players, also without showing the first frame less contrast phenomenon.
I use latest LR, LRT 5.0.4 and latest Adobe RAW Converter.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Ralf
#2 Gunther
The first frame might look different, if you use motion blur plus when rendering, since the effect will need some frames to pick up. You can cut them away when assembling the final video in the video processor.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 eccolo
First 1-2 frames needs to be cut away. Got it.

However, in terms of the rendered sequence, there must be a difference in the render engine between LRT4 and LRT5. As said, all movies play without any problems in Quicktime, but rendered with LRT5 they show strange artifacts with VLC media player which is not the case for LRT4 rendered sequences. As Quicktime plays without any issue, and LRT4 rendered sequences with VLC Media player as well, the reason for it must be both the VLC player and the new movie render engine of LRT5. Do you use the same ffmpeg 3.4.1 for LRT4 and LRT5?

Best regards,

eccolo
#4 Gunther
Some players have problems with Wide Gamut BT.2020, try rendering in BT.709 then.
The ffmpeg is just a newer version in LRT5. But of course feel free experimenting with the old one from LRT4 also, just exchange the ffmpeg binary, you'll find the location under Settings/External Programs.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: