• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 point image stabilisation

#1 wreciak
Hi
I don't know how technically difficult could be this, but sometimes i need image stabilization (windy, cheap tripod etc). It could be done based on the selection of 3 contrast points and auto moving the crop window based on xy movement of the point.
Selection could be done by for example spot edit with 0 opacity.
Or if somebody knows the solution ... I did some kind of stabilization in photoshop but result is somehow wrong Sad and it took 2 days.
However, thanks for amazing software, i was dreaming about something like is LRtimelapse.
#2 xeryan
(2011-10-20, 14:33)wreciak Wrote: Hi
I don't know how technically difficult could be this, but sometimes i need image stabilization (windy, cheap tripod etc). It could be done based on the selection of 3 contrast points and auto moving the crop window based on xy movement of the point.
Or if somebody knows the solution ... I did some kind of stabilization in photoshop but result is somehow wrong Sad and it took 2 days.
However, thanks for amazing software, i was dreaming about something like is LRtimelapse.

Hey!
Based on previous experience I can say that nothing can compensate for a good sturdy tripod. Mine isn't like that as I usually like to travel light. But there are some workarounds like using my tent's pegs and ropes to anchor the tripod's legs. Also you can use a bag filled with some stones hanged on the tripod's central bar. These can compensate for vibration. Mentionable: mirror locked if you use a SLR, delayed shots, remote control.
#3 Gunther
I second this. Currently I have no plans to implement any image stabilization into LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Maik Thomas
(2011-10-20, 14:33)wreciak Wrote: Hi

you can use the warp stabilizer in after effects. this plugin is a lifesaver. import your sequence. put the warp stabilizer on it. standart settings of the stabilizer will be fine. only thing you have todo is change the stettings to "stabilize without crop". after stabilization precompose your sequence and change the size to your output format you want.
I´m a professional Timelapse photographer, DoP, Editor who also makes music :)

Founder of http://www.novalapse.com
also on Facebook
http://facebook.com/ddtimelapse
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/NOVALAPSE
Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/novalapse
#5 wreciak
Hi All
Thanks for useful points, the true is that to bring some really heavy tripode to mountain is a little bit pain in ass, but probably the price i'll have to pay. Thanks for tips, and good luck, this software is amazing.
#6 Anke
(2011-10-27, 21:32)gwegner Wrote: I second this. Currently I have no plans to implement any image stabilization into LRTimelapse.

You answered a question I didn't have the nerve to ask! Thank you.

#7 wundth
You could also use VirtualDub and the Deshaker v3.0 filter. It is freeware and works quite well!
#8 keksi
The tripod doesnt have to be a heavy one necessarily. I fix my tripod to the ground with some strap whenever possible. To fix the strap on the ground i use for example a hook screwed into the stump of a tree, a stone jammed into a crevice (similar with climber stuff), or simple a heavy stone. If the stone slightly touches the ground, it will not wobble.

Thats gives more stability then the heaviest tripod. I never had any shaking issue since i use that method!

...also check out: