• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3-way ramping for canon

#1 Z10silver
Hello, I was just wondering if 3-way ramping using qDslrDashboard is still only functional with Nikon? Thank you
#2 Gunther
No, it should work with Canon too. You just have to activate it in the settings on the LRT page in qDslrDashboard.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Z10silver
(2017-07-10, 09:16)gwegner Wrote: No, it should work with Canon too. You just have to activate it in the settings on the LRT page in qDslrDashboard.

I tried this but no luck. I use a Canon 6D and iPhone 6.
-Zach
#4 Gunther
No luck with what? Activating it? Please describe a bit more precisely, what's happening.

#5 Z10silver
(2017-07-15, 19:46)gwegner Wrote: No luck with what? Activating it? Please describe a bit more precisely, what's happening.

I am able to select the box showing it is as activated, but when I begin shooting the sequence the aperture doesn't ever change
#6 Gunther
Do the aperture controls appear on the LRT screen next to exposure and iso? Can you set the max and min values?

#7 Z10silver
yes, it does work if I use the dslrdashboard timer, but not if I use external intervalometer. The problem is if I use dslrdashboard timer, it doesn't work very well. intervals are not consistent.
#8 Gunther
Yeah, I know that's why I mostly don't use the qDDB timer.
But this is an indicator that your external intervalometer is causing the issues. Please see this faq http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-inte...-around-it

#9 Z10silver
(2017-07-21, 08:30)gwegner Wrote: Yeah, I know that's why I mostly don't use the qDDB timer.
But this is an indicator that your external intervalometer is causing the issues. Please see this faq http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-inte...-around-it

ok, followed your directions and seems to have done the trick! one other question: If I want to use auto holy grail and will be shooting over a period of time that includes a sunrise and sunset, or when there is just variable changes in lighting, does it matter whether I select sunrise or sunset? thank you
#10 Gunther
Of course, it matters. Either option will only ramp in one direction. I'd not use the the holy grail feature for short time changes, those normally can easily be handled by the dynamic range of the sensor, so no need to adjust.
If you really want a full automatic ramping, you could turn on “auto direction“ in the settings and activate that. This will switch automatically from sunrise to sunset. However, I normally don't use this, since it sometimes could change unexpectedly.

...also check out: