• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

400 Shot Trial Limit with Larger Directories

#1 emarksmi
I'm sorry if this is dealt with elsewhere. I looked through the FAQ and tried a couple of variations of searches in the forums without success.

I was introduced to LRTImelapse at a workshop last week. This is something I've always wanted to try out but never knew how. This tool looks to be perfect, but I need to play with it a little to figure out whether I want the Private or Pro version (I'll admit that I don't NEED the Pro version, but I might WANT it). My problem was that I was shooting long sequences (primarily trying to catch Lightning, but they should make cool timelapses) of 900+ images. I have the image sequences in separate directories, but the Trial doesn't seem to want to load a partial directory or to load the whole directory but limit the timelapse to a 400 image sequence. It looks like the only solution is break the sequences up into 400 images to play with the Demo. Unfortunately, that is going to mean deleting a bunch of images from LR when I finally decide which version of LRTimelapse I want in order to work with the full sequences.

Is there a solution other than what I described above? It seems like a highly inconvenient way to figure out which version I want. The 400 image limit is fine. I'm just looking for a way to avoid a bunch of extra directories, importing, and deleting when I'm done deciding on the right version.

Mark (San Diego, CA, USA)
#2 Gunther
There is no need to delete any images. In Lighroom or Explorer/Finder just select 400 images and temporarily move them to a new folder, where you can try LRTimelapse on then.
Later you can move those images back to the main folder and everything will be as before. You just might want to reset those images in Lightroom to remove the LRTimelapse edits, because they will only by applied to the subset of 400.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 emarksmi
Thank you Gunther. I'm going to have to take a look at how LRTimelapse uses LR and applies the adjustments. That does bring up a question that we were discussing last week: What happens if you create a virtual copy of an image in a Timelapse sequence to edit as a stand along image? Does LRTimelapse ignore the virtual copy? Since you have to save the Key Frame edits back to the metadata, I was guessing that LRTimelapse would ignore virtual copies (in fact, I was guessing that maybe you could use virtual copies of the Key Frames to "save" different Timelapse Edits), but another participant who has a lot of LRTimelapse experience thought that the Virtual Copies might mess up the sequence in LRTimelapse.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to playing with the program and learning how to create nice Timelapses.

Mark (San Diego, CA, USA)
#4 Gunther
Hi Mark,
you can't work with Virtual Copies when doing timelapse. The reason is, that Lightroom doesn't export XMP files for them and therefore LRTimelapse doesn't see them.
The intended way to make multiple different edits of one timelapse sequence is to work with "Snapshots" in LRTimelapse. Top right of the table you find icons to save and load snapshots. Those will store a copy of all adjustmentsfor the whole sequence to a snapshot and allow you to reload that later. There is a couple of tutorials where I explain this, check out the expert tips tutorials: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert
Best Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: