• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed
#1 Johnnywannas
Could you make a Plugin that works with AE for DeFlicker & Holy Grail?
This way there is no need to swap between LR and Time lapse or the need to render out with AE/LR. Also it would cut out the need to use the LRT workflow. Saving LIGHT YEARS of time.

AE already allows you to import Edited/Developed RAW files from LR. So if there was a Plugin for the effects in AE. Anyone using AE, could simple click the LRT Effect adjust a few settings and render out using any aspect ratio and any video codec. Windows doesn't use Apple Pro Res. Therefor anyone using LRT would be stuck exporting to H264. Which is great if you are only trying to upload to the web and not a lossless format.
#2 Gunther
Thanks for the suggestion but I fear there are a few misunderstandings.

The LRT/LR workflow is not slower then working with AE, I've tested that multiple times. The MP4 encoder from Adobe as well delivers inferior quality then the ffmpeg encoder, that LRTimelapse uses.

You can export ProRes on Windows with LRTimelapse, no problem. But you can't with After Effects. And most of the professional clients want ProRes files.

Not anyone has Aftereffects as well!

This is only some of the reasons, why the LRTimelapse as external App approach is the one that I will be following in the future as well. Forsure I'm working hard on further improving the workflow and speeding it up even more. Stay tuned for those developments!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: