• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6D + OTG USB issue

#1 jellybobo
I hook my Galaxy S3 with Canon 6D via OTG USB
The connection is good. DSLR Dashboard able control all camera setting

But once I start to shoot timelapse (with Interval cable control)
The app still does counting shots and time but I didn't show the next image
and unable to change shutter speed or ISO for holy grail timelapse.

I have to pause interval remote and change setting from app then resume the shooting

Try to reset everything and make new connection but I still stuck with this problem.
I don't have TPLINK and I know 6D wifi won't won't work with DSLR Dashboard

Are there anyway I can fix this?
#2 scotchtape
I don't want to threadjack but with my 6D - a lot of settings work, but one thing does NOT work: dslrdashboard will NOT show the metering of the camera at all.

It works on my 5d but not my 6D Sad
#3 Gunther
@jelly: make sure the 6D has enough time between the closing of the shutter und the opening for the next frame.
At least 2 secs, better 2.5 - that cam needs a rather long time to transfer and become responsive again - otherwise it will become totally unresponsive and you are screwed when shooting - I had this a couple of times as well when doing the holy grail.
If y use auto-holygrail make sure to set the longest shutter at least 2.5 secs shorter then the interval.
My Nikons are a lot faster and more responsive. I don't know, if a faster memory card would probably help, didn't try it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 jellybobo
(2013-11-03, 00:45)gwegner Wrote: @jelly: make sure the 6D has enough time between the closing of the shutter und the opening for the next frame.
At least 2 secs, better 2.5 - that cam needs a rather long time to transfer and become responsive again - otherwise it will become totally unresponsive and you are screwed when shooting - I had this a couple of times as well when doing the holy grail.
If y use auto-holygrail make sure to set the longest shutter at least 2.5 secs shorter then the interval.
My Nikons are a lot faster and more responsive. I don't know, if a faster memory card would probably help, didn't try it.

my interval time that I tried are 2sec and 5 sec.
2sec definitely doesn't work
5sec. is working sometime but usually don't
I'll try 6sec and 10 sec. next time

I saw the other thread on 7D and he cut white wire of his cable to stop half press function. i'll try it if needed to.
#5 Gunther
The problem is not the interval, it's the difference between interval and shuttertime...
Obviously the canon timer has it's problems as well, I'm using the Pixel timer, it works fine.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: