• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few suggestions

#1 Pacocreative
Continuing on the bug thread here are some suggestions from me.

1. I think it might be convenient to add some sort of indicator which tells you if settings in the table for each of images come from XMP or were adjusted by the user. When processing complicated sequences it is a bit difficult to tell if the settings has already been written or not.

2. The above may be followed with a notification and confirmation box that alerts you about unsaved data. That way the application would protect you against accidental change of the folder for example and losing data.

3. Even if you save settings to XMP I still think that it might be useful to have a project save option that would save all settings made to a single project file. That way you preserve also your keyframes and key settings. Currently even after baking the changes to XMP it is hard to say where the keyframes were placed and important changes made to the sequence. It would be also easier to tweak them in case you are not satisfied with the result.

4. I would really appreciate having such feature that the flicker correction works in addition to keyframed exposure changes. It is often that I want to keep flicker correction of minor exp fluctuations while manually adjusting exposure for some reasons (for example tweaking huge exposure changes in the day to night transition). That might be followed by a checkbox which allows both adjustments to work independently so that the keyframed and tweened exp changes are added to flicker corrections.

PS I am having issues with Aksimet blocking my posts.
#2 Gunther
(2011-05-12, 12:33)Pacocreative Wrote: I think it might be convenient to add some sort of indicator which tells you if settings in the table for each of images come from XMP or were adjusted by the user. When processing complicated sequences it is a bit difficult to tell if the settings has already been written or not.
You mean an indicator to show manual edited settings in LRTimelapse? Are you editing so much manually?

Quote:The above may be followed with a notification and confirmation box that alerts you about unsaved data. That way the application would protect you against accidental change of the folder for example and losing data.
Okay, I understand that.

Quote:Even if you save settings to XMP I still think that it might be useful to have a project save option that would save all settings made to a single project file. That way you preserve also your keyframes and key settings. Currently even after baking the changes to XMP it is hard to say where the keyframes were placed and important changes made to the sequence. It would be also easier to tweak them in case you are not satisfied with the result.
I'm still not so excited about the project-file-thing, but I agree with you that manual set keyframes should be written back to XMP as one-star-rating. Putting that on my todo-list.

Quote:I would really appreciate having such feature that the flicker correction works in addition to keyframed exposure changes. It is often that I want to keep flicker correction of minor exp fluctuations while manually adjusting exposure for some reasons (for example tweaking huge exposure changes in the day to night transition). That might be followed by a checkbox which allows both adjustments to work independently so that the keyframed and tweened exp changes are added to flicker corrections.
I'm a little bit confused, that's exactly how it should work. Deflickering works on top of the exposure curve (maybe affected by ramping). There was a bug prior to 1.2.5 where this didn't work as expected, but with the newest version everything should be fine. Please drop me a note if you experience any problems!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Pacocreative
(2011-05-14, 15:19)gwegner Wrote:
(2011-05-12, 12:33)Pacocreative Wrote: I think it might be convenient to add some sort of indicator which tells you if settings in the table for each of images come from XMP or were adjusted by the user. When processing complicated sequences it is a bit difficult to tell if the settings has already been written or not.
You mean an indicator to show manual edited settings in LRTimelapse? Are you editing so much manually?

It is not that much needed in a simple sequence, but the software is designed for professional use, isn't it? Right now I was working with a 2-day day-to-night-to-day transition shot and I had to do a lot of corrections both in exposure ramping as well as WB ramping. Around 10 major edit points across the sequence.
So it is quite needed for such jobs.

Quote:
Quote:I would really appreciate having such feature that the flicker correction works in addition to keyframed exposure changes. […]
I'm a little bit confused, that's exactly how it should work. Deflickering works on top of the exposure curve (maybe affected by ramping). There was a bug prior to 1.2.5 where this didn't work as expected, but with the newest version everything should be fine. Please drop me a note if you experience any problems!

I'll recheck.

...also check out: