• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

D750 fails after about 100 photos.

#1 chrisstratton
I was using the onboard intervalometer for the D7 50 for 30 second exposures with a two second interval. It will shoot a number of photos and then just stop without filling the card or exhausting the battery. I’ve read the instructions and search the Internet and it appears inconsistent whether or not the interval is the time between the end of one shot in the beginning of the next or if the D7 50 interval is the total amount of time including both the exposure and the interval.. I had wanted to use the LR time lapse interval Lammeter along with QDSLR dashboard but the software now fails on my older tablet.. I would appreciate any suggestions to either using the LR time lapse interval amateur or the onboard it will amateur because I feel like I missing an opportunity to go forward.
#2 Gunther
You can NOT use a 2 second interval with a 30 second exposure.
The interval is always the exposure time plus a dark time. This means the interval always (!) needs to be longer than the exposure time because it includes the exposure time.

And no, this is not inconsistent - it's just wrong to interpret the interval in other ways. The interval needs to be constant, no matter if the exposure changes (as it happens with the holy grail approach).

Additionally, if you set a 30 sec exposure in the camera, in reality the camera will expose for 32 seconds, because all exposure times are to the power of 2. (use a stop watch, if you don't believe it).
This means in your scenario that you would need to set the interval to at least 33 seconds, better do 34 or 35 because the internal intervalometer is not the fastest.

If you have access to a LRT PRO Timer (couldn't understand that in your message) of course, it would be the way better option. qDslrDashboard should work perfectly with the D750 via WiFi even on older Android devices.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chrisstratton
Thanks so much for the careful and quick reply. I do have th LRT pro 2.5 timer. Was using the TP-Link for a wifi connection when my 10.1 tablet failed. Perhaps should have just used direct WIFI? Tricky thing about using 2 second interval for 30 second photos is that it appears to take a few before failing. Given the LRT Pro 2.5 timer, could I set it to some number less than 34 seconds to minimize the gaps between photos? Also - I have Apple phone and tablet as well - is there a good software alternative or option for qdslrdashboard yet?

PS - uninstalled and re-installed QDSLRDB 3.6.8 on my GT-P5113, with. android version 4.2.2. Still goes black for 10 seconds then issues crash notice. Have posted to Zoltan's site as well. ugh.
#4 Gunther
I'd use the internal wifi of the D750. If works perfectly. No need to use the TP Link and also reduces sources of failure.
Use the LRT PRO Timer for Shutter release and you should be able to work with a Shutter time of 30 (32) and an interval of 33.
Make sure to set Raw+JPG in camera and JPG Size to the smalles available size to speed up the transfer of the preview.
#5 chrisstratton
Thank you. Last night I used the Lrtpt 2.5 with an interval of 331/2, since I had not read your note yet. I was able to capture over 500 images until the Nikon battery died. When I get a chance I will root my galaxy tab 10.1 and reinstall as I have read that that is the cure for failing QDSLR dashboard installations. Should I trust that the Wi-Fi will stay on for hours on the D7 50? On the Sony camera it seems to disconnect and not be able to reconnect without disturbing the camera and therefore disturbing the time lapse capture.
#6 Gunther
Wifi on D750 was always reliable to me. Just make sure that the tablet/phone stays close (1m) and leave the screen on (also set the option in qDDB to leave the screen on). You can put it in your backpack to avoid light pollution. Also you can set the screen to minimum brightness to save battery. But usually it will last for many hours.
Video --> Nikon D750 or D7500
PMCM20
2020-02-05, 17:52
Last Post: PMCM20

...also check out: