• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A sun to stars to sun holy grail

#1 keksi
Hi guys,
I have made a holy grail video with sun and stars involved, which actually was quite demanding but not impossible to achieve a good result.

I have used ND-filters, otherwise, at least for my equipment it's not possbible to shot directly into the sun 2 hours before sunset, when this video started. Although some people ;-) believe it is not possible to compensate the filter-effects, which are different vignetting and colour cast, I guess I have found a way to even out these issues. Just unfortunately vimeo compression has eaten up most of the stars, so you have to imagine there are plenty of them in the night sky.

Shot in manual mode, edited with LRTimelapse/Lightroom/Premiere Elements.

https://vimeo.com/73327534
Enjoy 20.33 EV-stops!
#2 Gunther
You've got the holy grail! ;-)
Technically perfect, congratulations!

Did you use the Holy Grail Wizard?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bedebove
Very beautiful, shooting holy grail is said to be difficult and you're now one of my inspirational figure, bravo !
#4 keksi
@bedebove
Thx, I feel flattered ;-) If you have questions, just ask.

@Gunther
Thx too! Yes I have used the wizard. Actually there are some issues about the wizzard, about the auto-button on the right side and about another thought of mine that I really want to discuss with you. If you agree I will post this in the german LRT 3 thread (or anywhere else).
#5 Gunther
Yes please post it in one of the forums.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: