• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maximum duration of operation

#1 Lennart
Hello,

I set up a long term timelapse project and just wanted to ask if there is a maximum supported duration.
It will run for about 5-7 days, so more than 99 hours. The maximum interval length got extended in an update to three digits (the reason behind maxing it out at 99 was preventing the display from scrambling the numbers and letters), but what about the duration that counts up? 
Is there a max of 99 hours? Has anyone tested this yet? Is there even a protection against this implemented in the code? 
I looked through github and did not find anything about that there.

The maximum amount of shots is not an issue in this case, I take a picture every 900 seconds.

I would appreciate an answer before wednesday evening Big Grin that is when I reach 99 hours
#2 Gunther
I've not tested it for long term, since I've designed it more for short term timelapse work.
Normally I would guess, apart from the UI eventually look strange because of additional digits, it should work, I'm afraid there is no easy and guaranteed answer.
There might be internal overflows with the numbers in Arduino at a certain point, since the LRTPTF uses long values for millisecond storage, but those should only overflow after 49 days.
Just keep it going and keep me posted about your experiences! :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Lennart
I will report tomorrow Wink Currently sitting at 97 hours.
Also, if anyone is interested in how precice the internal clock is, after 96 hours I have a difference of -3:25min. Not bad at all and does not really matter as it is consistently slower and does no jumps. Might also vary from Arduino to Arduino and the voltage.
#4 Lennart
I just finished my timelapse, this is what happened: https://prnt.sc/jsi46g

This shows the timer at 130-139h, don't know exactly. The last bit gets overwritten by the ':' but everything worked as expected, no hickups. Timer was off by 6 minutes now, but if you don't rely on it too heavily, that is fine. I may be posting the timelapse when I finished editing on this forum as well Smile

...also check out: