• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

aDSLR-dashboard vs Slider software

Bug
#1 Thomas_Holland
Hi,

I use LrTimelapse en qDSLR Dashboard for a while now. And is use the Holy Grail option a lot. 
My next purchase probably will be a slider. Edelkrone or Emotimo, i'm not sure yet.
When sliding, the module is connected to the camera with a cable. Before shooting you setup the module with interval, time etc.
I am wondering: Is qDSLR (working with built-in camera WiFi) Holy Grail still working when the camera is connected tot a slider module? Now the module decides when to release the shutter, not qDSLR.

Thanks, Thomas
#2 Alexcpt
Hey Thomas

i can tell you that it will.

Gunther will tell you anyway that its better to use an external intervalometer, it can shorten your dark time by 1/2 seconds which is great if you want to shoot shorter intervals with long exposures, ie 5 second interval with a 3 second exposure time.

When i do the holy grail, i use my wireless hahnel giga t pro ii to do my interval for me instead of qdslrdashboard

Its important that you set the mode on qdslrdashboard that the DSLR to host mode and not pc mode (i might have it the wrong way around)

set your settings you want, capture a sample (but use the external intervalolmeter to capture a sample, ensure display next jpeg is set when you do that  otherwise the holy grail wont read off that)

and start your intervalometer, from there just set your holy grail parameters and set auto holy grail as usual.

The external intervalometer will do the shooting and qdslrdashboard will handle the ramping

In your case, instead of using the hanel like i do, your slider will do the interval job

Cheers
Alex
#3 Thomas_Holland
Thanks Alex!

An answer is was hoping for!

Thomas
#4 Gunther
Exactly. The Slider will do the triggering. Just make sure, that he only sends a short trigger signal to not block the camera. On some controllers you can configure the triggering/exposure time. Set is as short as possible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: