• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

African Skies 2 - rendering in LR time lapse

#1 hztgw6
Gunther,

I just downloaded the 4K video footage of your African Skies 2 time lapse, and I must say that you assembled some amazing sequences. Could you kindly tell me what settings you used to render the final sequence in LR Time Lapse, specifically the Codec, Output Size, Quality, and Post Processing for Motion Blur to get the sequence.

Vielen Dank aus Singapore,

Carl
#2 Gunther
Hi Carl,
it was all rendered in ProRes, 4K, from JPG intermediaries. Quality VHQ, Motion Blur Plus level 1 or 2 depending on the sequence.
Glad you liked it!
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 hztgw6
Gunther,

Thanks for the rapid reply! Even though I maxed out a Retina 5K IMac with 32GB of RAM and a 4GB of RAM AMD Radeon video card, I am still trying to find optimum video playback. I still get a slight pause in the playback when attempting to render in 5K. Would I need to upgrade hardware for 5K playback in your opinion?

Thanks,

Carl
#4 Gunther
Try setting the quality lower. The settings I told you were used to create intermediary files for further post processing in Premiere Pro. The final video has much lower bit rate and is MP4.
So if you want to directly playback in 4K try either ProRes with a lower quality setting or just export in MP4.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 hztgw6
I really appreciate the rapid feedback and clarification. Thanks again, Carl

...also check out: