• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forcing update to previews in Lightroom?

#1 tenacityinpursuit
Hey everyone, I'm new to this Forum, but I did look around to find an answer, apologies in advance if it already exists.

Have a question regarding the Lightroom/LRT workflow. I've heard in previous tutorials that waiting for the previews to load is helpful when rendering. A) Does this still apply? and B) Is there anyway to force preview loading? In my latest test renders through AE (not rendering with LRT) I'm still finding flicker and I think it might be because the previews aren't fully loaded (another option is I pushed the sliders too far). The previews load only when I scroll to them in the Library Module, and this is quite slow. Maybe its just my system?

Some specs on my setup: I'm working with a collection of 17k images from about 90 sequences (all sequences are 100-400 images). Most are 18mega pixel JPG from a Canon 60D. A few sequences were shot in RAW. Running LR5, on a MBP Mid 2009 with 8gb of ram. Lightroom Catalogue file on an internal 500gb spin drive (300+GB free), and images on an external WD 3TB (200GB free) connected via Firewire 800.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Katz
tenacityinpursuit.com
#2 Gunther
You don't need to wait for the previews in Lightroom, you can't really force them to be rendered, but they don't matter anyway. Just use the LRTExport Plugin to render the sequence into a video. Don't worry about the previews!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tenacityinpursuit
Thanks Gunther. I remember watching a tutorial or two in the past about the previews, but from the sounds of your response, you already fixed that! Nice work!!

Since I see you are reading this, I also wanted to add, the UI on this forum is the most advanced, easy to use and nice looking I've seen, ever. Period.

Nice work again!

Dave Katz
#4 Gunther
Thanks for the compliment Wink
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Lightroom 6
gregm
2015-04-26, 09:54
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: