• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alligning images

#1 grwiffen
Hi
This is more of a general question regarding RAW files. Does anyone know how to align a few hundred RAW files?

I have taken a timelapse sequence using a very unsturdy tripod and now Im paying the price.

Any advice on how to align the images, gratefully received.

Tx Graham
#2 shuma
The best way is certainly using Aftereffect and the warp stabilizer effect,(or similar filter in your favorite video editing program) I use this to get rid of little camera shake when i change exposure.
#3 grwiffen
I tried using Mercalli V3 SAL but to be honest, it made it worse! The whole hillside now moves around in the frame. Not what I was expecting.
#4 grwiffen
Having tried a number of these 'stabilising' programs, they seem to have very similar properties and correcting slight/sudden movements in your camera is not what they can repair.

I feel the only real answer is to go shoot it again!

I'll consider this discussion thread closed.
#5 brianhook
You can do this in photoshop:

Open all files in photoshop
File - Scripts - Load files into stack
Edit - Auto align layers
You will have to crop in a bit and check the first and last layer by themselves.
File - Scripts - Export layers to files

It seems to make weird filenames so best to check those and possibly rename them in Lightroom.

This also works with hand held time-lapse.
#6 KoolKool
(2013-04-22, 18:30)grwiffen Wrote: Having tried a number of these 'stabilising' programs, they seem to have very similar properties and correcting slight/sudden movements in your camera is not what they can repair.

I feel the only real answer is to go shoot it again!

I'll consider this discussion thread closed.

i see,many other 'stabilising' programs just try to smooth out not remove shakiness
but don't throw away this shot,you still have hope!
try warp stabilizer VFX in AE CC version,it has "No Motion" option which can remove all shakiness 100% (with detailed analyst). Trust me,warp stabilizer when come into timelapse,it's the strongest!
stabilizing in RAW is terriblely slow,but JPG is faster,for accurate stabilizing result!

Of course,successful stabilization always come with price,the more shakiness the more cropping will happen!
#7 seacal
Nice, thanks for this advice.

...also check out: