• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Housing for LRTimelapse Pro-Timer Free

#11 npeters
I used this from Jaycar in Australia, it cost me AUD$13, when a quote for the 3D printed version from a local service would have cost $330! I have seen that there are also available in the USA, not sure about Europe but it is probably worth checking.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/plastic-molded...m/p/HB6034

My case fits only AAA batteries - it's not deep enough for AAs unfortunately, but these last at least an entire night even when the temperate drops below zero Celsius. If I need to add more power I can always plug in a phone battery bank into the USB port. Also, the case plastic is easy to drill / file / Dremel grind etc.

I use "LADDA" 900 mAH AAA Ni-MH batteries from Ikea that cost < AUD$8 for a 4 pack of AAAs. The web tells me that these batteries are actually re-badged Eneloops (AUD$30 for 4) and from their charge holding performance I believe it - they are made in Japan, and there is only 1 factory there that makes this sort of low self-discharge battery.

I did get the buttons 3D printed (this cost me AUD$33 - highway robbery). I think I will have to buy myself a 3D printer at this sort of rip-off pricing here in Canberra :-)

Cheers, Norm
#12 MLXXXp
npeters Wrote:My case fits only AAA batteries - it's not deep enough for AAs unfortunately, but these last at least an entire night even when the temperate drops below zero Celsius.

My custom "industrial" version of the Pro-Timer Free can go for many days on 3 AAAs, mainly due to running at 3.3V and eliminating "always on" LEDs.

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-my-...-pro-timer
#13 Sheeba
Hello Norm,
That's really expensive. 330 AUD for a 3D printed case !!
I have paid for my case 2 € and an additional 7 € for the frame of the display.
I use a 9V 800 mAh battery. The lasts over 5 hours. For a long-term use, I have a DC jack installed to connect an external 9-12V battery. As soon as the external voltage is about 0.1V is greater than that of the internal battery, the external battery takes over the supply. Wiring diagram is attached.

Greeting,
Han
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#15 Sheeba
... oh yes, that looks very good. Since I'm working on a version with Stepper Motor Control, I have the requirement for an additional 3.5mm jack. Would a PCB (see picture) still fit into the case?
Are there also price expectations if you get a demand of 1000?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#16 Sheeba
Hello Holger,
I have just responded to your post with your case and think that's really great. Maybe you should not focus too much on the Pro Timer application in your case development. Finally, the electronics consists of an Arduino Uno and a Display Shield. This combination is very often used in the Arduino world and also looking for a suitable housing (like me). Check if there is a possibility to put additional hardware in the case. If you use an Arduino Uno board with mini USB you have a lot of space between the Uno and the display for your own applications. If then the additional board extends to the edge of the case, you can easily realize connections to external Applications. And for the application ProTimer it would also be ideally suited.

Did that work with the alternative display?

Greetings Hans

...also check out: