• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

always receiving "Access is Denied" when performing File Render

#1 bnewman
I have just started using a licensed LRT 4, and I consistently get the same error message when using "Render Video". At the end of the operation, I get an error message like this:

The log file shows that the entire rendering has worked but the last three lines are like:

[2017-05-03 00:36:29] ERROR: Could not copy temporary file to render directory (D:\Photos\2017\05 - May\Monday_01_RightMiddleUpper\RightMiddleUpper_LRT\LRTSequence_101642-101920_h264-420_1080p_24_MQ.mp4)
[2017-05-03 00:36:29] ERROR: D:\Photos\2017\05 - May\Monday_01_RightMiddleUpper\RightMiddleUpper_LRT\LRTSequence_101642-101920_h264-420_1080p_24_MQ.mp4 (Access is denied)
[2017-05-03 00:36:29] ERROR: The temporary file is still in: C:\Users\Office\AppData\Local\Temp\LRT_Render_7795223776445251368.mp4

I emailed the error message, and while Gunter Wegner was very responsive, the advice didn't help. The first advice was to question if there is an access right issue with drive D:. That is only an extra hard drive that I have used without problem. But to be sure, I directed the destination to be drive C:, and got the same error message and similar log file error content. In a second email, Gunter Wegner said that this is not an error that is reported by anyone else.

The only thing that may be "strange" about my Windows10 setup is that I created only a single account (it's only me and my private desktop) and don't have password. As a way of trying, I made the security of Users to be the same as Administrators and SYSTEM, but I still get the same error. I don't know why LRTimelapse is having this kind of trouble.

This failure would have been a total game-ender for me to use this product which otherwise worked perfectly. Fortunately, I can take the brute force method of manually moving the rendered file from the Windows10 temporary folder into the real destination and renaming the file. But this is a tedious step. If I can do it manually, why can't LR Timelapse??

Can anyone please help?
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse uses standard OS copy routines. The message that you get is from Windows. LRTimelapse cannot access the file.
Do you have any virus scanner active that might be blocking the access? Maybe just to narrow down the problem, you could try to deactivate the scanner, try if that helps. If so, you could add some exceptions to the scanner for LRT. Let me know.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bnewman
You nailed it! My virus scanner, Bitdefender2017, reported that its "Ransomeware Protection Feature" blocked the application "lrtimelapse4\jre\bin\javaw.exe" . I added the application to the trusted app list, and the Render Video... now completes the copy from temp successfully. Thanks for the advice.
#4 cyclingg
Ah, this solved the issue I had with my F drive saving the XMP files or I should say, not saving the XMP files. I forgot about the Ransomware feature that Bitdefender has. Thanks.

...also check out: