• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Rumple
I hoping to shoot some anamorphic timelapses and would like to see if i can still use a Lightroom & LRTimelapse workflow...

I would definately need to turn off the 16:9 crop option, but if would it be at all possible to desqueeze the images and export something like 1:2.35 or 1:2.39 aspect ratio using Lightroom and new preset, or have some feature in LRT trick Lightroom into doing this?

Odd question I know...
#2 Gunther
Hi,
Lightroom itself only allows for exporting in 16:9 - so you will have do desqueeze later. Or you take your sequence after editing in LR/LRT directly into After Effects.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rumple
Ok, well is there a way to remove the 16:9 crop that becomes embedded into the XMP files from LRT, so I can use the LRT/Lightroom workflow right up until exporting the video, and then use something like After Effects or Virtual Dub to export the final file...?

Otherwise I will be desqueezing a 16:9 video and I'd like to use the whole frame.
#4 Marcus
Rumple,

As a last step, I'd just load the whole sequence in Lightroom, open the first frame in the develop module, remove the crop, then sync the crop setting (and only the crop setting!) to the whole sequence and write metadata to XMP for all files. That should remove the crop setting from the XMP files without touching any other modifications by LRT.

/Marcus
"Be lazy, be crazy, just be a climber." -- Jack Kerouac
Alpin-, Sport- und Eisklettern, Bergsteigen, Ski- und Hochtouren, MTB
http://www.bergundsteigen.de
#5 Rumple
Interesting. Thanks for this Marcus.
I am new to Lightroom and LRT so thanks for the hand holding.
#6 Rumple
How would you apply the new crop (or no crop) to the entire image sequence...?
#7 Marcus
Hi Rumble.

1. Select the folder/collection with your timelapse sequence in Lightroom
2. Make sure no filters are active
3. Select the first image of the sequence and go to the develop module; make your crop there
4. Press CTRL+A; note how all images in the filmstrip at the bottom become "secondary selected"
5. Press CTRL+SHIFT+S to synchronize the current (first) image's settings to all the other "secondary selected" images
6. In the popup-dialog, click "check none" at te bottom left, then check the "crop" checkbox at the top right; "Straighten Angle" and "Aspect Ratio" will be checked automatically, that's fine
7. Click "Synchronize" at the bottom right and watch as your crop is being applied to all images in the filmstrip
8. Enjoy. :-)

/Marcus
"Be lazy, be crazy, just be a climber." -- Jack Kerouac
Alpin-, Sport- und Eisklettern, Bergsteigen, Ski- und Hochtouren, MTB
http://www.bergundsteigen.de
#8 Gunther
(2012-11-18, 15:43)Rumple Wrote: Ok, well is there a way to remove the 16:9 crop that becomes embedded into the XMP files from LRT, so I can use the LRT/Lightroom workflow right up until exporting the video, and then use something like After Effects or Virtual Dub to export the final file...?
There is a setting in the LRTimelapse settings dialog that prevents it from applying the default crop!
#9 Rumple
(2012-11-18, 21:18)gwegner Wrote: There is a setting in the LRTimelapse settings dialog that prevents it from applying the default crop!

Found that setting... But would it be possible to be asked what what aspect ratio we'd like from a drop down list?
Or would this cause issues in Lightroom?
#10 Gunther
Lightroom only exports 16:9 !

...also check out: