• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Animate individual parameters (for example crop) ignoring present keyframes

#1 Gunther
Q: I have a Sequence with a lot of keyframes. Now I want to make a smooth animation of the crop over the whole sequence without having to remove all keyframes or changing other parameters.

Attention:
I do not recommend to make the Ken-Burns animations by keyframing in Lightroom/LRTimelapse. The reason is, that Lightroom will always only crop to full pixels - this might lead to jitter in the resulting animation. I recommend to export in 3K and 4K and make the Ken Burns animation in the video editor then.

Learn more here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ken-...rtimelapse

Update: those old methods are not recommended anymore!

Method 1 with LRTimelapse 3 there is an easy way to do this:
When you finished your editing of your 5 normal 1* keyframes, set one 5* keyframe to the first image, and one 5* keyframe to the last.
Then go on the Holy Grail Workflow tab, click on "Auto Transition Special" and choose "Crop". Calculate the transition, this will then make a linear transition only for the crop.

Method 2
Just leave the crop animation as the very last step. Do the whole workflow, edit all keyframes. After finishing the 2nd workflow row, go back to Lightroom and edit crop of the first and last image.

Save metadata for that both.

Reload in LRTimelapse, DON'T apply the auto-transition. Instead right click on the header of one of the crop columns in the table, select "Select Column (only this)". This will set checkmarks only to the crop columns. Now click on "Individual Transitions" on the Tools-Tab, and then on "Curve" or "Linear" depending on how the crop animation should be calculated. Curve will ease the movement in and out so it looks nicer. You will now get a message dialog telling you that some keyframes will be modified. This regards to the cropvalues of the keyframes - they must be changed. So confirm this dialog and you are done.

Select the whole table (Ctrl-A) to see an overlay of all crops in your preview.
Save and reload metadata in Lightroom, then export your video.

With this method you can individually animate every single parameter if you want.

Happy time lapsing
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 jlmaguire33
I think this is just more of the same ... I have a series that starts with no moon and about half-way through the moon rises. I only want to gracefully transition the moonrising part to be not quite as bright at the end. And I want to crop from beginning to end with a Ken Burns effect. I don't want to auto-transition the brightness across the whole series, but I do want to transition the crop across the whole series. How do I do this, which part do I do first?
#3 Gunther
First do all edits with key frames (the usual workflow) for brightness etc... In the last step make the ken burns. Exactly as I wrote above.
#4 Hagen
Animations (crops/pans) from first to last keyframe work for me exactly as outlined above.
How does an animation work that does not commence with the first picture / keyframe, e.g.: normal start of timelapse - then zoom in and after reaching maximum zoom start panning - stop panning & finish TL steadily?

I read the e-book over and over again, checked both forums, tried by myself but just can't get the trick!?

Cheers, Hagen
#5 Gunther
You can either work with the manual transitions and apply them only to parts of the sequence (having selected only the crop columns first) or even use key frames and the auto transition for that on the selected keyframes.

However, the next LRTimelapse version will make those things easier. ;-)
#6 Hagen
how can I 'tell LRT' to just animate a certain part? I tried selecting (highlighting) all frames in between two keyframes, but always got the effect applied to the whole time-lapse. Rgds, Hagen
#7 Waldo
...Howdy, Gunther!

...My question is in a similar situation...I have setup the 1st & last keyframes and tried a linear crop over the entire sequence, and it worked and looks great.

...The next day I go back and look at the video, and now want to include some rotation to this same sequence...along with the crop...so it will crop and rotate from beginning to end. I have to re-open both LRT & LR to do this, so at this point, do I simply re-adjust the final frame in LR...and follow your steps same as before?

...Or is it a bit more complicated than that?...Please give me the correct workflow...

...Thanks!...........Cheers!..........Waldo........

(2013-01-07, 12:29)gwegner Wrote: Q: I have a Sequence with a lot of keyframes. Now I want to make a smooth animation of the crop over the whole sequence without having to remove all keyframes or changing other parameters.

A:
Update: with LRTimelapse 3 there is an easy way to do this:
When you finished your editing of your 5 normal 1* keyframes, set one 5* keyframe to the first image, and one 5* keyframe to the last.
Then go on the Holy Grail Workflow tab, click on "Auto Transition Special" and choose "Crop". Calculate the transition, this will then make a linear transition only for the crop.

Another way works like this:
Just leave the crop animation as the very last step. Do the whole workflow, edit all keyframes. After finishing the 2nd workflow row, go back to Lightroom and edit crop of the first and last image.

Save metadata for that both.

Reload in LRTimelapse, DON'T apply the auto-transition. Instead right click on the header of one of the crop columns in the table, select "Select Column (only this)". This will set checkmarks only to the crop columns. Now click on "Individual Transitions" on the Tools-Tab, and then on "Curve" or "Linear" depending on how the crop animation should be calculated. Curve will ease the movement in and out so it looks nicer. You will now get a message dialog telling you that some keyframes will be modified. This regards to the cropvalues of the keyframes - they must be changed. So confirm this dialog and you are done.

Select the whole table (Ctrl-A) to see an overlay of all crops in your preview.
Save and reload metadata in Lightroom, then export your video.

With this method you can individually animate every single parameter if you want.

Happy time lapsing
Gunther
#8 Gunther
Sure, you can always change single keyframes and apply the transitions again!
#9 Waldo
(2013-11-18, 13:21)gwegner Wrote: Sure, you can always change single keyframes and apply the transitions again!

...Howdy, Gunther!

...Just tried your advise on my sequence..and it worked perfectly!

...Thanks again for a great product and after-support!.......Cheers!......Waldo........

...also check out: