• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another workflow question

#1 mmacnau
Hello - I have a sequence of approx 500 raw images for a timelapse.  Unfortunately a car drives through 3 of those images.  Its simple enough to use Photoshop and their content aware fill to remove the car from those images.  The question then becomes how to save the edited images.  I currently have them as .psd files.  I've tried to save to .jpg and re-insert those into my intermediate .jpg series, however when attempting to re-render the sequence in LRTimelapse the renderer seems to hang on those images.  It ultimately gives up and ends the render without moving past those images (well actually the first of those images).

I am shooting Nikon NEF raw files and Photoshop does not seem to give me an option to save as that.  Would I be better to render the intermediates at .tiff's?

Love to hear any thoughts the group might have.

thx!!
#2 Gunther
It's the right approach to do this type of retouching on the intermediary sequence. Just take care that the image dimensions do not change when editing, otherwise the encoder will stop at that position. Check this image dimensions after saving with photoshop, normally they should stay same. And normally it does not matter if tiff or jpg too.

If you can't get it working, check the log file after the render aborts (info menu/show log) - if in doubt, send it to me.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mmacnau
Yup, the files are different frame sizes.  I had rotated the originals in Lightroom slightly to adjust for the horizon.  So, if I remove the car using the "spot removal" tool in Lightroom, how can I export the single image through the LRTimelapse plugin.  Or do I need to re-export the whole sequence?  I can't seem to export the individual images and have the frame size match the other ones.  When I try to export a single image I get a message indicating I'm only going to export a single image and to go back and select the whole sequence.

thx!
#4 Gunther
In LR you can adjust the crop on the keyframes, LRExport will take care that the images have the same size, as long as the Aspect Ratio does not change. Here is what you can do: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect

When you are finished, export the whole sequence via LRTExport. Then do your retouching in Photoshop. But please leave the image size alone here (don't rotate in Photoshop). Just retouch, then save.

Now you should be fine to render.
#5 cyclingg
Sorry for hijacking this thread; but, I have a similar problem. I have people I want to clone out and feel it would be easier in Photoshop.

I have already cropped all my images, exported them as jpegs and rendered a video. After watching the video, I decided I don't want the people in the video. I thought that I would take the frames with people into Photoshop, clone out the people, flatten the layers and save the Photoshop file as a PSD (making sure the PSD file shows in the LR folder). Then I would use LRTexport in LR to export only the images I edited in PS into a new folder so the naming stays the same. Then I would copy the edited jpegs into the Timelapse folder and render the video again.

Will this work (it will be a lot of work to get the people out, LOL)?
#6 Gunther
As I already explained in the other thread where you asked this (please avoid double posting in the future), I'd do this on the exported intermediary sequence.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...

...also check out: