• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any post techniques to remove the bouncing?

#1 matt314159
Hey folks, I posted here 5-6 months ago about a 15-month construction project that I'm working on for the university where I work.

I've been shooting for 27 weeks now, and I've compiled a roll-up video.

Basic info: shot at 3 minute intervals M-F. Shooting begins an hour before sunrise, and ends an hour after sunset. GBtimelapse takes care of all the timing by checking sunrise/sunset times online based on my location.

The camera (Powershot G9) is mounted on a sharpix clamp mount (http://amzn.com/B002H733OE ) that's in the window of the building next door.

Here's the rollup video, originally 27 minutes long, sped up by 8x

http://youtu.be/agMohTagS2w

Notice in the afternoon of the clear sunny days how the image bobs up and then goes back down. As near as I can work it out, thermal expansion in the mount is causing the camera to raise and then lower again as it heats and cools. It was most pronounced in the summer months.

I've played with virtualdub and deshaker plugin, but this bob is just not quite fast enough to be considered a "shake"

Is there anything out there that would let you pin key areas of the image that should remain unchanged, and then "anchor" them and crop and pan as necessary to ensure a stable image?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

(PS- I may eventually cull out the sunsets and sunrises, but I'm trying to work out how to separate the photos properly)
(PPS- Forgive the first 30 seconds or so--lots of unfortunate changes happened during that time before we settled down.)
#2 Gunther
Hi, you might be able to stabilize this with the tracker in After Effects.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 matt314159
(2012-12-10, 13:00)gwegner Wrote: Hi, you might be able to stabilize this with the tracker in After Effects.

Thank you, I will look into that. Much appreciated.

...also check out: